[SOLVED] Random reboots --- suspect CPU Issue ?

Naxonus

Prominent
May 19, 2020
I've been experiencing random computer reboots for quite some time now, and whenever I check the event viewer, it appears to be a problem with my CPU? It always says:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Solution
My apologies. I don't post on tech forums much!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming PRO Carbon WIFI Motherboard
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3600 MHz
SSD/HDD: Samsung 970 PRO SSD 512GB - M.2 NVMe
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Super Advanced Overclocked 8G GDDR6
PSU: Corsair RMX Series, RM850x, 850 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply (CP-9020180-NA)
Chassis: ASUS TUF Gaming GT501 Mid-Tower

It happens completely randomly, typically while I'm gaming but I have had it happen once or twice while simply browsing the internet, such as on reddit. My entire PC is only a year old. I purchased the components and built it myself in April of 2020. This...

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Can you replicate the issue at will or is it entirely random? Does this happen when the system is stressed or when idle? Also, what's the age of the PSU in your build?

Naxonus

Prominent
May 19, 2020
PSU: Corsair RMX Series, RM850x, 850 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply (CP-9020180-NA)

It happens completely randomly, typically while I'm gaming but I have had it happen once or twice while simply browsing the internet, such as on reddit. My entire PC is only a year old. I purchased the components and built it myself in April of 2020. This was my first ever PC build if thats worth anything in the way of help.

It happens completely randomly, typically while I'm gaming but I have had it happen once or twice while simply browsing the internet, such as on reddit. My entire PC is only a year old. I purchased the components and built it myself in April of 2020. This was my first ever PC build if thats worth anything in the way of help.
Reseat ALL plugs....test
Grab a copy of memtest86 boot it up and let it fly for a few hours....no errors allowed.

First first: reset CMOS

Then, from a command prompt with admin priviledge, run "SFC /SCANNOW".

Then run Memtest86 for at least 2 complete passes. But one memory tester isn't enough so also run MemTest (not 86). And then there's Windows' own memory diagnostics...just type Memory Diagnostics in the Cortana search. They're all exhaustive as heck (at least they can run for a long, LONG time if set up to run full diag's) but one will catch something another misses.

You might also consider updating your BIOS to the latest if you haven't yet but first make sure your system will be stable through the memory tests after a CMOS reset.

Last edited:
Solution