[SOLVED] Random Reboots when doing heavy tasks/benchmark

Jul 31, 2022
hey guys, for the past months, I've been noticing my desktop doing random reboots in both windows 10 and 11 when doing heavy tasks like gaming, video rendering, and sometimes in multitasking like I have a bunch of apps opened. i tried reseating all the components I can disassemble and still doing the same random reboots. I'm not sure if this is a PSU, RAM, or Motherboard issue.

Here are my specs:
Ryzen 3 2200G
NO GPU (Vega 8 iGPU)
2x4 HyperX 2400 DDR4
Gigabyte A320M-S2H rev1 with the latest F56a Bios
120GB Transcend SSD + 1TB WD Black
600w Energy optimus psu
Win10 21H2 LTSC

Last edited:
Solution
600w Energy optimus psu
I doubt that PSU can deliver any useful power to the system. Have you tried working with another, reliably built, branded PSU that has at least 450W of power for the entire build, borrowed from a friend or neighbor? Also, where did you source the installer for your OS?

Lutfij

Titan
600w Energy optimus psu
I doubt that PSU can deliver any useful power to the system. Have you tried working with another, reliably built, branded PSU that has at least 450W of power for the entire build, borrowed from a friend or neighbor? Also, where did you source the installer for your OS?

Last edited:
Solution
Jul 31, 2022

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Why are you using the Enterprise version?

Are you using the stock AMD CPU cooler? What are your CPU/GPU operating temperatures at idle and under load?

I fully agree with Lutfij regarding the PSU. A quality PSU is key to a stable system.

Jul 31, 2022
Why are you using the Enterprise version?

Are you using the stock AMD CPU cooler? What are your CPU/GPU operating temperatures at idle and under load?

I fully agree with Lutfij regarding the PSU. A quality PSU is key to a stable system.
Why an ISO? Why the enterprise variant, though? What wrong did Windows Media Creation Tools do you?
1. bloatwares everywhere, i really hate stock windows 10, especially the bloatware, it reinstalls after an update, and the enterprise edition is fine for me since i use it in my old desktop without any issues

2. yes, I'm using a stock AMD cooler at around 35-40c in idle and around 45-60c in an underload, it reaches 83 when stressing the CPU. i don't have GPU so i heavily rely on integrated graphics

Jul 31, 2022
and my only games / apps i use most of the time are Adobe Photoshop 2022, VEGAS Pro 16. GTA V, Fall Guys, BeamNG Drive, Google Chrome and lastly is MS Teams

Lutfij

Titan
i really hate stock windows 10, especially the bloatware, it reinstalls after an update,
Hmmmm, I wonder why/how I don't have bloatware on my system? Given how I used that same URL to fabricate my bootable USB installer in order to install the OS I'm working with now for the past 1 or so years(last platform was acting weird, hence the OS reinstall, after a new platform).

Even if we assume that your PSU can output 250W of power(even though it looks like an expensive paperweight) ruling out power issues, you might be encountering the issue due to a corruption in your OS or the fact that the board doesn't want to cooperate with the OS.

Make and model of your case and the orientation of the fans in your build?

Jul 31, 2022
i really hate stock windows 10, especially the bloatware, it reinstalls after an update,
Hmmmm, I wonder why/how I don't have bloatware on my system? Given how I used that same URL to fabricate my bootable USB installer in order to install the OS I'm working with now for the past 1 or so years(last platform was acting weird, hence the OS reinstall, after a new platform).

Even if we assume that your PSU can output 250W of power(even though it looks like an expensive paperweight) ruling out power issues, you might be encountering the issue due to a corruption in your OS or the fact that the board doesn't want to cooperate with the OS.

Make and model of your case and the orientation of the fans in your build?
os shouldn't be the issue since I clean install a few weeks back (2-3 weeks), i have a YGT-Y01 case and i have 3 intakes(front) and 3 outtakes (back and upper)

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yeah, confused by the bloatware reference unless you're using bloatware in an unusual way.

What are the clock speeds at those high temperatures? Throttling would not be unexpected given that the case looks abysmal for airflow. The intakes are basically ornamental, not practical.

Jul 31, 2022
Installing any version of Windows 10/11 directly from MS will lack any/all bloatware.

8GB of memory is really too little for the applications listed earlier. Are you overclocking anything?
all stock, no overclocking
Yeah, confused by the bloatware reference unless you're using bloatware in an unusual way.

What are the clock speeds at those high temperatures? Throttling would not be unexpected given that the case looks abysmal for airflow. The intakes are basically ornamental, not practical.
around 3.6ghz max in 100% cpu usage

Jul 31, 2022
UPDATE: seems like im having a motherboard issues here? it just looping and restarting for 6 times, yes i already checked with my other psu, it did the same thing, and yes. my files arent save :)