Question Random restarts - Event 41

murmur80

Honorable
Jan 8, 2018
I have Event 41 - 63 issues. The system it started with was

Ryzen 5 3600 - No OC (used part)
MSI Tomahawk Max B450 (used part)
Gigabyte 1080 (not TI) (re-used from the previous setup))
16 gb Corsair 3200 (new)
Samsung 860 SSD (re-used from the previous setup)
EVGA 500w power supply (re-used from the previous setup)

It was only when I was playing a game, sometimes it would reboot just on the menu screen or 10 min into the game or 45 min into the game. I undervolted the 1080 cause I read power supply could be an issue, no change. I ran memtest and the ram passed. I tried sfc scannow and it passed. I ran the samsung magician software and my SSD passed that test.

For xmas I upgraded to a MSI 6650xt, added 16gb more ram and got an EVGA 650w power supply. I was able to play 1 game for ~30 min but when I tried to run another game and the screen went all fuzzy and I had to force shutdown to get it to reboot. At this point I did a fresh install of windows, erased all data on the SSD, partitioned it for UEFI and reinstalled windows. I used adrenaline to get the GPU drivers. I was able to play a game for ~45 min and went to play another game and it crashed again.

GPU temps are under 70, I'll have to double check the CPU temps but I'm pretty sure those are 60 or under. What can I start checking to figure this out?

I have Event 41 - 63 issues. The system it started with was

Ryzen 5 3600 - No OC (used part)
MSI Tomahawk Max B450 (used part)
Gigabyte 1080 (not TI) (re-used from the previous setup))
16 gb Corsair 3200 (new)
Samsung 860 SSD (re-used from the previous setup)
EVGA 500w power supply (re-used from the previous setup)

It was only when I was playing a game, sometimes it would reboot just on the menu screen or 10 min into the game or 45 min into the game. I undervolted the 1080 cause I read power supply could be an issue, no change. I ran memtest and the ram passed. I tried sfc scannow and it passed. I ran the samsung magician software and my SSD passed that test.

For xmas I upgraded to a MSI 6650xt, added 16gb more ram and got an EVGA 650w power supply. I was able to play 1 game for ~30 min but when I tried to run another game and the screen went all fuzzy and I had to force shutdown to get it to reboot. At this point I did a fresh install of windows, erased all data on the SSD, partitioned it for UEFI and reinstalled windows. I used adrenaline to get the GPU drivers. I was able to play a game for ~45 min and went to play another game and it crashed again.

GPU temps are under 70, I'll have to double check the CPU temps but I'm pretty sure those are 60 or under. What can I start checking to figure this out?
Sounds like a doa psu, or the mismatch set of ram don't like each other, just because ram pass the rest doesn't mean the mismatch want to talk to eachother