Question Random restarts while gaming and OCCT vram test errors ?

Jul 30, 2022
Hello! My PC restarts randomly while playing games, in the event viewer there is Kernel Power 41 errors.
Also I did some tests in Heaven Benchmark, it restarted as well.
Then I did an OCCT VRAM test(30 minutes) and it gave me lots of errors.
Is my GPU dying?
Here is my PC specs:
CPU: i5 8600k
MB: ASROCK Z390 pro4
RAM: 2x8GB CORSAIR RS DDR4 3200mhz
GPU: ZOTAC TWIN EDGE OC RTX 3060
PSU: CORSAIR CX650M
Thanks!

Jul 30, 2022
GPU temperatures are 55-65C during OCCT
And it doesn't give any information on what the error is.
I couldn't figure out how to attach a picture, sorry i am new here.

Ok, is there any other issues to the computer beside this ?

Also - do you have a more detailed story - i.e. what changes did you do (software/hardware) in the time before you noticed the errors? Did you build it yourself, was built where you bought it, or by a friend (or some random dude)? Have this problem being an issue for long time or just recently happens?

Jul 30, 2022
There aren't any issues beside this, i didn't download any new software, and no hardware was changed. I built it myself about a year ago. The problem started a week ago.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
please run GPU-Z. https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z. Go to "Sensors". GPU-Z has a built in screenshot feature. It's the camera icon on the upper right. Click the camera icon.. then choose "Upload to Free Image hosting". Copy the generated link and post it here.

Hello! My PC restarts randomly while playing games, in the event viewer there is Kernel Power 41 errors.

some things you could do that might help..

1. Try updating Windows.
  2. Reseat Ram and graphics card.
  3. Disable overclocking
  4. Update drivers

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022
please run GPU-Z. https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z. Go to "Sensors. GPU-Z has a built in screenshot feature. It's the camera icon on the upper right. Click the camera icon.. then choose "Upload to Free Image hosting". Copy the generated link and post it here.

some things you could do that might help..

1. Try updating Windows.
  2. Reseat Ram and graphics card.
  3. Disable overclocking
  4. Update drivers
m2k.png
hwq.png

And I tried all of the steps that you listed below, but the issue still persist.

Jul 30, 2022
Sorry to bother you again, but I have a question:
I clicked restart on my PC and it has been on the restarting screen for like 5 minutes and then it showed a BSOD: Driver Power State Failure.
Does this refer to something?
Thanks!