Question Random Shutdown

Aarchiee

Honorable
Jul 8, 2017
My daughters PC keeps randomly shutting down then restarting. CPU not going above 73c GPU not going above 67c . it can happen any time whether playing VR or watching YouTube. I downloaded AIDA64 to run stability test, if I stress each item individually, CPU, FPU, Cache, System memory, GPU its fine, no shutdowns. If i stress the stability of everything at the same time, it will run for about 3mins then i get the shutdown and restart. Do you think this could point to a PSU issue that when everything is drawing power at once, the PSU is shutting down ?
specs
1660Ti
Ryzen 5 3600
Msi B450-A Pro Max
2x8Gb Corsair Vengance DDR4 memory
Corsair CX750M Psu
Nothing overclocked, all standard.

How old is that CX750m?

What is the current motherboard BIOS version?

Have you visited the motherboard product page and downloaded/installed the latest chipset, network adapter and audio controller drivers to make sure you have the latest ones installed? Or have you been relying on Windows or some third party utility for that?

Have you attempted a clean install of the Nvidia drivers using the DDU?

Aarchiee

Honorable
Jul 8, 2017
PSU is just over 2 years old
MB has all the latest drivers from Msi themselves.
I always clean install the Gpu drivers.
Flashing the bios tomorrow to see if that helps and i'll update if it works, or doesn't.

Aarchiee

Honorable
Jul 8, 2017
Sounds like a plan.
Done all that, still doing it. I think I will have to order a new PSU and try that. Cant see it being anything else. I stress test everything separately to try and pin down each component and it doesn't do it, so logically if i stress test everything together, it's the PSU that's being stressed and that's why its shuts down and restarts.

Reactions: Darkbreeze
Sort of figured that might be the deal which is why it was the first question I asked. Those CXm units are hit and miss. Very hit and miss. Especially if you happen to get one that is one of the older CXm platforms that's been on a shelf a while.