[SOLVED] Random stutters while gaming.

Jan 17, 2021
I keep getting random stutters while gaming. It’s almost like lag but it’s not. The game will skip. It’s only just started happening after upgrading to a 3080. It happens every game in warzone. Any help would be great, thanks.

Solution
Sorry,

I have 9700k
EVGA 3080 FTW 3
16gb 3600 ram

First thing, is that 1 x 16 GB of RAM or 2 x 8 GB of RAM? Also, are they actually running at 3600 MHz? (You can check this in your BIOS software)

Secondly, your 9700k (I have one too BTW); is it running at stock clocks or overclocked? What type of cooler do you have on it? What temperature does it reach when you're playing warzone?

Third, what power supply are you using? Exact model and age please.
Sorry,

I have 9700k
EVGA 3080 FTW 3
16gb 3600 ram

First thing, is that 1 x 16 GB of RAM or 2 x 8 GB of RAM? Also, are they actually running at 3600 MHz? (You can check this in your BIOS software)

Secondly, your 9700k (I have one too BTW); is it running at stock clocks or overclocked? What type of cooler do you have on it? What temperature does it reach when you're playing warzone?

Solution
Jan 17, 2021

Sorry again. I have 2 8gb sticks running at full speed. I have OC the 9700k to 4.8ghz and it’s cooled by a Corsair aio cooler. Temps are normally about 50° with the GPU at about 60-65°.
I have a brand new Corsair HX850 PSU.