Random websites won't load, and starts to load again after "flushdns" command

andrewRollin

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014
Hello, last few weeks I am experiencing weird problem; random websites won't load, when internet connection is working fine(as I see). To be more exact, it doesn't try to load, just redirects me to connection error message.

At first I discovered that when I restart my PC, websites, which were not loading, starts working again, but usually temporarily. I also noticed that only specific websites(like store.steampowered.com) won't load sometimes, when others load all the time. I am 100% that it's my problem, and not website shut down.

Now I discovered Windows command in some support thread, which, as I understand, resets some kind of DNS config. I open cmd, and enter this: "ipconfig /flushdns". Every website, which was not working, is working again, but temporarily.

What's the problem, and how should I fix that ?

Thanks !

Solution
run malware bytes and hitman pro see if it a redierctor virus. boot into safe mode with network if the error not there then it a program doing it to you. see what starts under msconfi sartup tab and look for toolbar programs in add/remove programs.
run malware bytes and hitman pro see if it a redierctor virus. boot into safe mode with network if the error not there then it a program doing it to you. see what starts under msconfi sartup tab and look for toolbar programs in add/remove programs.

Solution