Question x670E Aorus Pro X motherboard with ram compatibility not listed on qvl in ram site and board

Jan 11, 2018
hi there, im building a system with the following parts:

1-Gigabyte X670E AORUS Pro X AMD AM5 ATX Motherboard

2-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D

3-G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000 CL30 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR - Black

ive been trying to find info about whether this g.skill ram will work without a problem on this motherboard, since on g.skill ram configurator section doesnt even have this particular board model listed, i cannot know for certain, and under the gigabyte memory support list doesnt seem to be listed either.https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X670E-AORUS-PRO-X/support#support-memsup

problem being that in a few days my brother is gonna travel and buy these items x2 on microcenter, so its a really needed to know situation if its gonna work otherwise im gonna need some advice/feedback on which model to get of rams (if possible from microcenter if not newegg /amazon works), the board i dont think we can change it hes already decided on this particular model, the other option was the x670e steel legend but he doesnt like the aesthetics.

hopefully someone can clear my doubts and offer me some guidance.

2-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D

3-G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000 CL30 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR - Black

ive been trying to find info about whether this g.skill ram will work without a problem on this motherboard, since on g.skill ram configurator section doesnt even have this particular board model listed, i cannot know for certain, and under the gigabyte memory support list doesnt seem to be listed either.https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X670E-AORUS-PRO-X/support#support-memsup

problem being that in a few days my brother is gonna travel and buy these items x2 on microcenter, so its a really needed to know situation if its gonna work otherwise im gonna need some advice/feedback on which model to get of rams (if possible from microcenter if not newegg /amazon works), the board i dont think we can change it hes already decided on this particular model, the other option was the x670e steel legend but he doesnt like the aesthetics.

Memory controller is in CPU and all high end MBs support at least up to 6000MHz RAM QVLs for either MB or RAM are far from being complete. I would also look for Kingston RAM, they have very good selection and most AMD compatible memory for decent price.

Jan 11, 2018
Memory controller is in CPU and all high end MBs support at least up to 6000MHz RAM QVLs for either MB or RAM are far from being complete. I would also look for Kingston RAM, they have very good selection and most AMD compatible memory for decent price.
If I use the gigabyte site for reference there's not many choices for what I seek from Kingston fury which is 6000mhz and most of the available are higher on MHz and price which is not ideal

If I use the gigabyte site for reference there's not many choices for what I seek from Kingston fury which is 6000mhz and most of the available are higher on MHz and price which is not ideal
As I said, QVL is not definite source of compatible RAM, actually quite poor one. You also do not need to look only at Gigabyte, it applies to any MB manufacturers of AM5 and same chipset.
Only difference from Intel RAM is that RAM for AMD may have XMP or EXPO presets for OC from 4800GHz and up and which is supported by particular BIOS. All have XMP option and some for EXPO too.
If I may suggest:

Kingston DIMM DDR5 32GB (2x16GB kit) 6000MT/s KF560C32RSK2-32 FURY Renegade XMP​

Which I installed in several MBs including B650 by Gigabyte. and working over expectations (6200MHz and and Cl 30) and has Best Hynix-a chips. They come with several different heat sinks but essentially same.

Reactions: sergioalbertocmarin

2-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Some reading.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/memory/?compatible_with=WRHqqs#Z=32768002&L=300