[SOLVED] Random Windows 10 Blue Screen crashes

Feb 14, 2022
About 3 weeks ago, I started getting random occurrences of BSOD on my Windows 10 gaming PC. It happens during simple tasks like logging in to the PC or browsing the Internet. It also sometimes refuses to wake up from sleep. My monitor will not receive any signal but the PC is churning like it wants to turn on. I end up having to hard reset it and then sometimes it comes back with a BSOD when it's booting up. The BSOD reason is different almost every time.

Here is a list of all the things I've tried:

-Checked all my temps, those look fine. I often clean out my PC with compressed air.

-Ran all the latest Windows and driver updates, including "recommended 3rd party drivers in case you are having issues with your PC"

-Backed up my data and did the Windows "Reset PC" where it reinstalls Windows from the cloud

-Ran driver verifier to try and get it to crash and identify if I had a bad driver. My PC ran a little sluggish but no dice.

-Took out my RAM and reseated it.

-Ran memtest86 for about 30 minutes, no errors

-Ran windows memory diagnostic, no errors

-Ran HCI Design memory test for 12 hours at about 80% memory utilization, no errors

-Installed Pop-OS Linux on a separate HDD attached to this PC to see if it had errors. It is also having sporadic crashes and freezing.

-Upgrade my motherboard UEFI from P3.80 to P4.30

Since I'm even getting crashes with Linux on a separate HDD, it's leading me to believe it's hardware related. Due to all the memory tests I've done, it seems unlikely it's memory related. Also seems unlikely it's my SSD since Linux is crashing running off the HDD. My guess is either bad motherboard, CPU, GPU or power supply. Can anyone recommend how I would narrow the issue down between those three other than buying and testing new parts? I'd really appreciate any help, and you'd be my new favorite person if you can help me resolve this!

Here is my PC build information

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X

Motherboard: Asrock B450M Pro 4

RAM: G Skill Aegis DDR4 3200 16 GB (2 X 8 GB)

SSD: Crucial P1 500 GB NVME

Storage: 2 TB Seagate Barracuda Compute 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB KO ULTRA GAMING

Power supply: Corsair CV 550W 80+ Bronze

If you need any other info, please let me know. Thanks!

Here are my minidump files below:

https://files.catbox.moe/uqfmzc.zip

Solution
The disk look fine.
Since it fails using linux that eliminates the windows stuff.
I suppose you could test with just 1 stick of ram in the proper slot and then the other stick.

You might want to reseat all the psu plugs....test.
Consider upgrading the psu to something better designed for gaming use.
About 3 weeks ago, I started getting random occurrences of BSOD on my Windows 10 gaming PC. It happens during simple tasks like logging in to the PC or browsing the Internet. It also sometimes refuses to wake up from sleep. My monitor will not receive any signal but the PC is churning like it wants to turn on. I end up having to hard reset it and then sometimes it comes back with a BSOD when it's booting up. The BSOD reason is different almost every time.

Here is a list of all the things I've tried:

-Checked all my temps, those look fine. I often clean out my PC with compressed air.

-Ran all the latest Windows and driver updates, including "recommended 3rd party drivers in case you are having issues with your PC"

-Backed up my data and did the Windows "Reset PC" where it reinstalls Windows from the cloud

-Ran driver verifier to try and get it to crash and identify if I had a bad driver. My PC ran a little sluggish but no dice.

-Took out my RAM and reseated it.

-Ran memtest86 for about 30 minutes, no errors

-Ran windows memory diagnostic, no errors

-Ran HCI Design memory test for 12 hours at about 80% memory utilization, no errors

-Installed Pop-OS Linux on a separate HDD attached to this PC to see if it had errors. It is also having sporadic crashes and freezing.

-Upgrade my motherboard UEFI from P3.80 to P4.30

Since I'm even getting crashes with Linux on a separate HDD, it's leading me to believe it's hardware related. Due to all the memory tests I've done, it seems unlikely it's memory related. Also seems unlikely it's my SSD since Linux is crashing running off the HDD. My guess is either bad motherboard, CPU, GPU or power supply. Can anyone recommend how I would narrow the issue down between those three other than buying and testing new parts? I'd really appreciate any help, and you'd be my new favorite person if you can help me resolve this!

Here is my PC build information

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X

Motherboard: Asrock B450M Pro 4

RAM: G Skill Aegis DDR4 3200 16 GB (2 X 8 GB)

SSD: Crucial P1 500 GB NVME

Storage: 2 TB Seagate Barracuda Compute 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB KO ULTRA GAMING

Power supply: Corsair CV 550W 80+ Bronze

If you need any other info, please let me know. Thanks!

Here are my minidump files below:

https://files.catbox.moe/uqfmzc.zip
Just to take a peek.
Post a screenshot of crystaldiskinfo for each disk.

The disk look fine.
Since it fails using linux that eliminates the windows stuff.
I suppose you could test with just 1 stick of ram in the proper slot and then the other stick.

You might want to reseat all the psu plugs....test.
Consider upgrading the psu to something better designed for gaming use.

Solution