Question Randomly being tabbed out of games after Windows update

Gengarism

Reputable
May 15, 2015
I decided to post this here instead of in gaming because this only started happening after a Windows update. Ever since this update/hotfix 4 days ago, when I'm in-game my cursor goes to my desktop. I've turned off desktop notifications from Windows and this still happens. I have tried using shadowplay to capture a highlight when it happens so that the folder the highlight goes to would perhaps show the origin of what's being recorded, but it shows up in "Desktop". Therefore I do not believe it is any app of mine.

Currently on Windows 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Are there any ways I could go about finding the culprit?

Ralston18

Titan
Ghost "mouse moves/clicks"? Or perhaps the same for a touchscreen or touchpad - if present.

I have an All-in-one with that started similar behavior after the new Edge was installed.

The mouse cursor moves on its' own to the "Type here to search box" and then a click is executed. However, other things also happen: calendar opens, notifications open. I have not identified any suspect apps, processes, or services having worked through a various attempts to disable the behavior.

Do you know if Edge is installed?

Look in Windows Update History to determine if a particular update was involved.

Gengarism

Reputable
May 15, 2015
Windows Edge is not installed.

I installed Windows Focus Logger and every time I'm tabbed out it logs this:

(Likely three logs for this as I have 3 monitors)

cC18Glx.png

If I open the location of the process it takes me to my windows installation directory.