Rapid image burning on LCD

prf007

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2013
So I'm currently in the process of moving and had to pull out my laptop after the desktop got packed away. However, I noticed today that Netflix had left a burnt image in the screen when I fell asleep watching it last night (usually it goes to sleep). I watched a few of the youtube videos to clear the image and it did remove the images, but now images are burning in at an incredibly fast rate. I just stepped outside to make a phone call and in roughly 7 minutes the tabs of my browser were burnt into the display again. Luckily they fade away pretty quickly, but it's starting to get annoying. Anyone know why this is happening so fast? I have a ASUS ROG laptop, cannot remember the exact model number though.

edit: This page actually burnt in the screen while I typed this.

Solution
It is not really burn-in, it's more image retention and is easier to research using that term. It is a common defect that can occur over time on modern laptop displays, especially IPS. It will likely just get worse. If you can RMA, do it.

demoth

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
It is not really burn-in, it's more image retention and is easier to research using that term. It is a common defect that can occur over time on modern laptop displays, especially IPS. It will likely just get worse. If you can RMA, do it.

Solution

prf007

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2013
Thanks for the quick answer, Im gonna let the youtube video play out over night and see if that is a long term solution. If not, I'll just RMA it once I get my desktop back up and running.