Rapper Reportedly Stomps on Laptops at Microsoft Store

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Complete nobody MGK attempted a publicity stunt to get free press for his tired act, vandalised a retail store and embarassed himself by being a total douchebag
Well done MGK, if you want to appear "street" or "gangsta" why don't you get someone from Death Row to pop a cap in your dumb ass skull, better still, jump off a boat with a cinder block chained to your feet and then at least people won't accuse you of copying Tupac.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Ha my post got deleted, well it is true MGK is white (BTW stating a fact is not hate speech) he is very pale in skin tone, I was just stating something that is true. Don't start going overboard and deleting every post that happens to mention color cause not all of it is racism or hate speech, learn the difference.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
The outpouring of hate I'm seeing here over an article that's just fluff is very disturbing. I do very much like the response from the MS rep, though - it was slick the way he said that the behavior was appropriate for a concert but some parts weren't appropriate for a retail store.

In my area, booking a good local band for an event runs about $5k USD. I understand that MS didn't hire the artist directly, but I'm hoping that this puts the destruction of less than $10k worth of property into perspective. For an artist signed with a major label, spending 10k on stage theatrics isn't as out of proportion as some of the responses indicate. If MS isn't upset, why on Earth would you be?

G

Hay! after I got a good look at Visual Studio for the windows desktop IDE, I felt like going bonkers in the local Microsoft store, but I just downloaded VS 2010 and VS 2008 ISOs and prepaired to wait out the METRO/MODERN insanity!

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]djscribbles[/nom]Or they could, oh I don't know, not pay him and send a bill for the damaged laptops, and maybe take him to court over potential lost sales in the store. It's not like he was stomping on infants...[/citation]You're right, he wasn't stomping on infants, he was acting like one.[citation][nom]Achoo22[/nom]The outpouring of hate I'm seeing here over an article that's just fluff is very disturbing. I do very much like the response from the MS rep, though - it was slick the way he said that the behavior was appropriate for a concert but some parts weren't appropriate for a retail store. In my area, booking a good local band for an event runs about $5k USD. I understand that MS didn't hire the artist directly, but I'm hoping that this puts the destruction of less than $10k worth of property into perspective. For an artist signed with a major label, spending 10k on stage theatrics isn't as out of proportion as some of the responses indicate. If MS isn't upset, why on Earth would you be?[/citation]MS didn't hire him at all, directly or otherwise. Did you RTFA? Stage theatrics, are you kidding me? If it was stage theatrics nobody would have skipped a beat. Furthermore, what makes you think CORPORATE MS is going to smile and hand the local store a bunch of money to cover losses, that don't involve them? They'll have to go after Mc Pee Pants here for the money, or else this comes out of the local MS store's books. I imagine PR is all smiles, but the employees at that store were probably not so happy.

So yeah, he's an arse and deserves a good beating.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]3lackdeath[/nom]dum-ass... smh... if he was smart and did a good show he might have gotten a good deal from M$, god knows advertising pays, especially from a company like M$[/citation]
That kind of thinking prolly takes a perspective {and thinking} that a gangsta rapper is not capable of.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]That kind of thinking prolly takes a perspective {and thinking} that a gangsta rapper is not capable of.[/citation]
MGK is just an idiot who doesn't know when to turn off the persona, not all rappers are like this. BTW your type of thinking is rather ignorant, the successful rappers out there project a certain image but have the minds of business men and know what they are doing. This guy just thinks the persona is real and got things messed up, don't judge every rapper by him. If you do that you might as well say all rockers are drug addicted morons as well just cause some are even though most have much more business sense than the average person and knows how to work a persona.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]MGK is just an idiot who doesn't know when to turn off the persona, not all rappers are like this. BTW your type of thinking is rather ignorant, the successful rappers out there project a certain image but have the minds of business men and know what they are doing. This guy just thinks the persona is real and got things messed up, don't judge every rapper by him. If you do that you might as well say all rockers are drug addicted morons as well just cause some are even though most have much more business sense than the average person and knows how to work a persona.[/citation]
About the rockers...well, if the shoe fits.... No, all jokes aside, you're absolutely right. I'm not sure I buy into the Rapper-Business-Person thing. I think that may just be them surrounding themselves with folks that are well-educated, but again, this may be ignorant of me as well. I have that typical adult-parent-type of mentality about this and that is not good. I know 5 Cent graduated Magna Cum Laude. :) Look, its Friday, cut me a little slack, its the celebratory White Russian affecting me brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS