News Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 Industrial Cluster

Jan 19, 2021
Yeah... Go to the company web site. It's vaporware. Cool if they ever actually make it, but for now...

meh

CooliPi

Reputable
Oct 4, 2019
Never heard of a Raspberry Pi until I came back to this site last month after a 10 year hiatus. Still don't know what they are but I see it on the home page everyday. :)

Originally cheap single board computers for children education, nowadays almost PC-like (circa 2000-2008 era) ARM based PCs with opensource OS. Plethora of models went by, but some are still manufactured, which is what industrial customers like. Longevity.

They also keep the OS universal across all models. With the 4GB and 8GB models, they've made an experimental 64bit version of the OS, but it has 32bit userland programs on top of a 64bit kernel. I use Ubuntu for ARM, 64bit kernel and 64bit userland. Feels like a PC, I use it as a main computer. Overclocked to 2350MHz from the stock 1500MHz in my (CooliPi) case.

Reactions: Why_Me

allstarspfunk

Honorable
Sep 21, 2015
Never heard of a Raspberry Pi until I came back to this site last month after a 10 year hiatus. Still don't know what they are but I see it on the home page everyday. :)
Got one last year, installed PI-HOLE on it to remove ads from all devices on my home network, and it's been running 24/7 for almost a year now... definitely recommend.

SonoraTechnical

Reputable
May 28, 2020

Raspberry PI is an inexpensive linux like miniature PC that has I/O and other remote I/O capabilities so that it can be used for real-time control if wanted...

I use a Raspberry Pi 4B w/ 4GB of Ram to run 4 fish tanks... ph,temp control, orp, do monitoring, level control... all via a graphical interface (node-red).

I've attached digital i/o boards, relay boards, and water quality sensors/probes via the i2c bus (think of something like a RS485 or MODBUS or HART or Profibus, but very short distance...)

Check the NodeRED.org forums under my user name... I have a build thread on it..