[SOLVED] Raspberry Pi or Android box

cc130doc

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
Hello,
I've been using an old WD media box to watch Netflix and videos from usb sticks and it finally died.

I went looking for a replacement and my brother swears by raspberry PI as a replacement. I looked in the rpi area but the subject has so many threads that as a Noob I can't find a straight answer. So rpi or an android box?

I'm just looking to watch YouTube, streaming services and movies on usb and web browsing. 4K is not necessary, but 1080 is. The latest rpi is affordable, (is the 8gb worth it?) But I'm looking at a new smart tv in 12 - 18 months, so I don't want to spend more than I have to right now.

Options?

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,
I've been using an old WD media box to watch Netflix and videos from usb sticks and it finally died.

I went looking for a replacement and my brother swears by raspberry PI as a replacement. I looked in the rpi area but the subject has so many threads that as a Noob I can't find a straight answer. So rpi or an android box?

I'm just looking to watch YouTube, streaming services and movies on usb and web browsing. 4K is not necessary, but 1080 is. The latest rpi is affordable, (is the 8gb worth it?) But I'm looking at a new smart tv in 12 - 18 months, so I don't want to spend more than I have to right now.

Options?
In the US, I would recommend a genuine Roku. Guaranteed support for most streaming services. Excellent stability. Plug and play. The last item is something a PI4 doesn't have.