Raspberry Pi Pens Wolfram Partnership for Free Mathematica

Status
Not open for further replies.

nss000

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Gawdsakes button yo knickers. Perhaps 13% of all humans **CAN** program and roughly SQr-root want to ... that is 3% of the student population can+will program. Anything. Anytime. Anywhere.

'Course no denying pervo educators & the mutant slice --- raspberry-Pi may well fill that 3% niche ... though 9-yo kids are prolly far better off out terrorizing turtles and robbins in the local wood-lot.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
Surely the pcb's of modern smartphones are cheaper to produce. Have more processing power including graphics and use less electricity.

You have to wonder if companies like Apple or Samsung will ever deign to give the designs for the older models away for good causes like this.

I mean both the original iPhone and the Galaxy S should be able to kick this thing's butt.

devBunny

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
"We believe this will make the Pi a first-class platform for teaching CBM techniques"

Where CBM is something so well known that it needs no explanation.

For anyone wondering, its Coal Bed Methane, and Wolfram turns your Raspberry Pi into a fracking excellent mining tool.

Hmmm, maybe not, after all the article does mention teaching children. It must be Comic Book Movies. Plenty of maths there.

gmuser

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
I could guess, based on article, that CBM = Computer Based Math

In fact, googling that out turns: http://www.computerbasedmath.org/

jgheuser

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
I for one quite happy with this announcement. Obviously, there are many different people using the Pi for different purposes. We need more people to be thinkers and innovators when it comes to technology and to that end the most important purpose of the Pi is to inspire to learn more about computers in general. It's only the luddites that it's too complicated or give up in frustration because they can't figure it out five minutes flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.