Raspberry Pi Should Achieve "2X The iPhone 4S Performance"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]sanctoon[/nom]All I need is the time, cause money ain't the issue @ $35[/citation]
How could having more time cause money not to be the issue? I think it would be the other way around: "All I need is the time, BEcause money ain't(sic) the issue, at $35"

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]How could having more time cause money not to be the issue? I think it would be the other way around: "All I need is the time, BEcause money ain't(sic) the issue, at $35"[/citation]
Grammar Police! Pull over!

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
So will this be powerful enough to act as a media server (via NAS storage unit)? If so, I may have to hook one up to my TV. Could it be used as a torrent box? Also, what kind of local storage does it have? Or do you need to use a USB HD? Does it come with a case?

*EDIT*
Actually, I just went to their website and that has answered most of my questions. For those that want to know: Its powerful enough to play BluRay video. The local storage is via an SD slot. It doesn't come with a case (though apparently they are planning on making one). There is support for Debian, Fedora, ArchLinux and potentially Ubuntu (in the near future). They will sell SD cards preloaded with the OS of your choice. There is are HDMI (video/audio), RCA (video), 3.5mm (audio) ports. Its powered by Micro USB. To connect multiple USB devices you just use a splitter.

Ok, now I really want one. I wonder what kind of homemade case I can whip up.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]So will this be powerful enough to act as a media server (via NAS storage unit)? If so, I may have to hook one up to my TV. Could it be used as a torrent box? Also, what kind of local storage does it have? Or do you need to use a USB HD? Does it come with a case?*EDIT*Actually, I just went to their website and that has answered most of my questions. For those that want to know: Its powerful enough to play BluRay video. The local storage is via an SD slot. It doesn't come with a case (though apparently they are planning on making one). There is support for Debian, Fedora, ArchLinux and potentially Ubuntu (in the near future). They will sell SD cards preloaded with the OS of your choice. There is are HDMI (video/audio), RCA (video), 3.5mm (audio) ports. Its powered by Micro USB. To connect multiple USB devices you just use a splitter.Ok, now I really want one. I wonder what kind of homemade case I can whip up.[/citation]
Have all your storage on NAS drives, tucked away on a phat switch in the attic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS