News Raspberry Pi-Sized Iconikal Rockchip SBC Only $8 on Amazon

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
As soon as the article came out I checked then out and they were out of stock. Guess what? They're back and they are 15 dollars but I got mine oredered, get em while you can, this is a good deal.

Sep 29, 2020
Alright so i ordered one and what got delivered was a bit unexpected. It's not just a bare sbc but comes assembled in a case, in fact its this device https://www.reconsentinel.com/ and looks to be some kind of honeypot network appliance. The sd card it comes with is a fake sandisk(can tell from the low res printing) and it has arch preinstalled with the networksentinel software already setup. Do not plug this into your network, its a complete unknown and so far i haven't found anyone whos heard of the device or the service provider. It does look like a well build if not very generic SBC and it has a IR port and emmc port. The price keeps jumping up likely due to the article here. It's completely irresponsible of Tom's Hardware to promote a device they clearly have not investigated in the slightest.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Alright so i ordered one and what got delivered was a bit unexpected. It's not just a bare sbc but comes assembled in a case, in fact its this device https://www.reconsentinel.com/ and looks to be some kind of honeypot network appliance. The sd card it comes with is a fake sandisk(can tell from the low res printing) and it has arch preinstalled with the networksentinel software already setup. Do not plug this into your network, its a complete unknown and so far i haven't found anyone whos heard of the device or the service provider. It does look like a well build if not very generic SBC and it has a IR port and emmc port. The price keeps jumping up likely due to the article here. It's completely irresponsible of Tom's Hardware to promote a device they clearly have not investigated in the slightest.

they mention the retcon sentinel in the article. Down towards the end, even a link.
I like mine, I cut a couple holes in the case it comes with to allow HDMI out and SD swapping. makes a great little android tv setup.
I rewired one of the LCDs for my Pi4, GPIO pins are different.