Question Rate my build

ginopas

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2013
I'm putting this together for a friend. It'll mostly be used for writing, browsing and basic things like that.
He also wants it to run games. If he gets into gaming he'll add a gpu, etc, but for now he doesn't need it.
His budget is "as cheap as possible."
Anywhere I can cut corners on this? Anything I did wrong?
Thanks

Ryzen 3 2200G
ASRock - B450 Pro4
Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8 GB DDR4-2666
Cooler Master - MWE Gold 650 W 80+ Gold
Western Digital - Blue 500 GB SSD

ginopas

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2013
Sounds good. Some faster 3000 dual channel ram will increase performance a lot.
A question about that. When the motherboard lists the compatible RAM speeds with an (OC) next to it, does that means you need to overclock the CPU for the RAM to run at that speed? I've looked it up multiple times, and the best explanation I've found said "it will run at that speed if overclocked." But you don't overclock RAM

nyxanna

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
A question about that. When the motherboard lists the compatible RAM speeds with an (OC) next to it, does that means you need to overclock the CPU for the RAM to run at that speed? I've looked it up multiple times, and the best explanation I've found said "it will run at that speed if overclocked." But you don't overclock RAM
My motherboard has a XMP setting which overclocks the motherboard to run the RAM at a higher speed. I believe it's the same thing in your case. You do not need to overclock anything, you just change a setting in the settings to "OC" the motherboard.