Rate my friends build

Solution
why is he going for the GTX 980TI when something more powerful and cheaper is launched 3 days ago!!!
wait for a month and pick the GTX 1080.. and instead of that CPU cooler, go for something like corsair H100i or something..
and why 32GB of RAM? pick just 16GB, if needed, add 16 more later in increments of 8GB.. because I don't see any point in having anything more than 16GB unless you're doing doing something like heavy photoshop/video editing at extreme level..

by those, I'd rate your friend's rig a 2/5 stars..

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Unnecessary?

What is the goal of the system?

Why 32GB of memory?
Why two SSDs? Why is the boot drive only 128GB?
Why not an M.2 NVMe SSD if you want performance?
Why an EATX motherboard (so few things plugged into it, $150+ wasted)
Why a mid-range air cooler on a premium high wattage chip? (Adequate, but not really a good match)
Why the extra expense of a Platinum rated supply? The wattage is a bit more then needed.

Could think of a lot of ways to spend that amount more wisely.

Agreed

illuminatuz

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
why is he going for the GTX 980TI when something more powerful and cheaper is launched 3 days ago!!!
wait for a month and pick the GTX 1080.. and instead of that CPU cooler, go for something like corsair H100i or something..
and why 32GB of RAM? pick just 16GB, if needed, add 16 more later in increments of 8GB.. because I don't see any point in having anything more than 16GB unless you're doing doing something like heavy photoshop/video editing at extreme level..

by those, I'd rate your friend's rig a 2/5 stars..

Solution