A year ago my laptop broke and I bought a desktop PC. These are the specs:
CPU: i5-8600k
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB DUAL OC ASUS
Motherboard: ASUS Z370-P
PSU: Tacens Mars Gaming Vulcano 750W 80 Plus Silver
RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR4 3000MHz PC4-19200
CPU Cooling: Enermax ETS-T40Fit Black Twister
Cooling: 5xCorsair ML120 (120mm)
HDD1: 5.4k rpm Toshiba (laptop) (Only for photos and no important data)
HDD2: Toshiba P300
SSD: Toshiba TR200

I haven't got any problems since I bought it. Temps are (normally) 60ºC GPU and 40~50ºC for CPU when playing. Idle are 38ºC GPU, 30ºC CPU.
HDDs and SSD perfect.
The thing is that I want to upgrade the GPU. I'm thinking in buying a 2070 SUPER or wait 7-8 months for something new.

I want to ask you about what do you think of the PSU. I haven't got problems with it even using the PC 11-12 hours everyday (4-5 gaming). But I don't know if a new GPU will make me have to change it or if I'll have to change it as soon as possible for a better one.

Solution
650W probably still has headroom with the 2070 Super - as it can pull peak of 228W. So 750W should be MORE than enough.

This is what I would recommend myself for 750W trying to meet that budget. I'll only ever recommend higher quality units (I've assumed Spain as POS):
Better quality:
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€126.30 @ LIFE Informatica)
Total: €126.30

Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€105.66 @ Amazon Espana)
Total: €105.66

Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Total: €Unknown

Power...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I've yet to hear a good thing about Tacen Mars. How much did you pay for said unit?
The wattage isn't necessarily the problem, it's the quality. Tacen rarely hit any testing lists, either because they aren't good enough to even warrant reaching a list, or Tacen don't distribute them to test, which is a big red flag.

I see some reports that the Tacen ones are rehashed low grade OEM Aerocool PSUs - which is also a red flag.

I'd upgrade the PSU to a good quality unit, otherwise you take the risk of a PSU blowing and taking other components with it.

Anroalh

Reputable
Jun 21, 2016
I've yet to hear a good thing about Tacen Mars. How much did you pay for said unit?
The wattage isn't necessarily the problem, it's the quality. Tacen rarely hit any testing lists, either because they aren't good enough to even warrant reaching a list, or Tacen don't distribute them to test, which is a big red flag.

I see some reports that the Tacen ones are rehashed low grade OEM Aerocool PSUs - which is also a red flag.

I'd upgrade the PSU to a good quality unit, otherwise you take the risk of a PSU blowing and taking other components with it.

The unit was 64.99€, but I paid 53.71€ (discount).

What PSU do you recommend me to buy? (100-110€ max money I'll like to pay)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
650W probably still has headroom with the 2070 Super - as it can pull peak of 228W. So 750W should be MORE than enough.

This is what I would recommend myself for 750W trying to meet that budget. I'll only ever recommend higher quality units (I've assumed Spain as POS):
Better quality:
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€126.30 @ LIFE Informatica)
Total: €126.30

Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€105.66 @ Amazon Espana)
Total: €105.66

Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Power Supply: BitFenix - Whisper M 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€106.63 @ LIFE Informatica)
Total: €106.63

Usually more budget friendly, not as good quality, but still decent:
Power Supply:
Corsair - CX (2017) 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Power Supply: Cooler Master - 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€104.97 @ Amazon Espana)
Total: €104.97

Based on above, Seasonic would be the no brainer for me - 10 year warranty, and appears to be cheaper in mainland europe.
To get the same level of quality parts in Antec, be Quiet!, Thermaltake etc - you're looking at bigger price hikes.

As I said, lowest budget one most would be happy to recommend is the CX unit.

With the others, they may cost more, but you're securing the safety of your components, maximising performance and guaranteeing your PC for the next 7-10 years.

Last edited:
Solution