[SOLVED] RAW .dd image with .img disks inside (all same size)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2019
Hi there,
I would like to ask - I have an dd image that contains 128 .img drives (partitions) - I have analyzed with TestDisk - seems to be Linux Data. When I open any img disk inside dd image, there's a folder named [SYSTEM] with NTFS files ($Extend, $AttrDef etc.) and .file file that is different in every .img file. For example in the first .img - .file contains:
0x48
in the second one:
506e
0x6b

How do I reassemble the file?

You can see for yourself (opened via 7zip): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hJvtA-r_srtAaIRkj1d4Xmv5O8MeptUq/view?usp=sharing

Solution
These .img files are simply whatever it was, split out into lots of little files.
Any of the current zip style applications can maybe reassemble it into the original whole.
WinZip, WinRAR, possibly even 7z.
Sep 19, 2019
So is this supposed to be the actual game to install, or a .....what?
"A capture the flag contest is a special kind of cybersecurity competition designed to challenge its participants to solve computer security problems by hacking into or defending computer systems"

In this case it's supposed to contain file(s) or data that gives the flag FLAG{xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx}

"A capture the flag contest is a special kind of cybersecurity competition designed to challenge its participants to solve computer security problems by hacking into or defending computer systems"

In this case it's supposed to contain file(s) or data that gives the flag FLAG{xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx}
And you want us to do all the heavy lifting for you so you get the glory without any of the work. That about sum it up?

Sep 19, 2019
And you want us to do all the heavy lifting for you so you get the glory without any of the work. That about sum it up?
Nope, just wanna know how to reassemble file from what seems like a RAID (even tho' I didn't end up sucessfully when I tried to reassemble virtual RAID from raw disk images). I didn't say I want you to find a flag, just wrote an example of flag for USAFRet.

Sep 19, 2019
These .img files are simply whatever it was, split out into lots of little files.
Any of the current zip style applications can maybe reassemble it into the original whole.
WinZip, WinRAR, possibly even 7z.
Okay, fair enough. You've got a point here. Is there some way if I mount the disk image (as whole) and try to reassemble partitions to one then?

Status
Not open for further replies.