News Razer’s $40 ARGB Controller Plays Nice With Other Companies’ Components

stevesls

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
Razer’s new ARGB controller lets you control all sorts of RGB components through Razer Synapse 3 -- even those from different companies.

Razer’s $40 ARGB Controller Plays Nice With Other Companies’ Components : Read more
Very interested in the new Razer A-RGB Controller as my ASUS (P9X79 Deluxe) motherboard does not have A-RGB ( or even RGB ) headers. Any thoughts on the Razer A-RGB controller working with the A-RGB features on the RTX 3080 video cards ( ASUS ROG/STRIX or EVGA GeForce Ultra Gaming)?

Just checked the USA Razer site... no sign of the A-RGB Controller (yet). Hopefully, the device will be added soon!

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
So I found the Razer mouse bungee v3 with rgb. Its only on Razers website and it ships from China. I guess it was just released recently? I'm excited but $50 is a little expensive.

Mr.Vegas

Reputable
Mar 13, 2019
So I found the Razer mouse bungee v3 with rgb. Its only on Razers website and it ships from China. I guess it was just released recently? I'm excited but $50 is a little expensive.

39.90 on amazon just ordered one
Same goes for the ARGB Controller, got two since they limited for 240leds per controller
and their V2 RGB Mouse-pad [this one is on sale thou]
Also Razer has new Headset holder, it has round base like the V2 RGB mouse Bungee, 2 USB 3 ports but it also has USB DAC build in so i think it was 59.90$, basically its a USB DAC with USB Hub and headset holder and RGB
Personally i dont need a dac and prefer the V1 Headset holder its square, has 3 USB ports and looks kinda better, i dont like the circle base of the V2 it makes it look IMO cheap like Aliexpress product

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
39.90 on amazon just ordered one
Same goes for the ARGB Controller, got two since they limited for 240leds per controller
and their V2 RGB Mouse-pad [this one is on sale thou]
Also Razer has new Headset holder, it has round base like the V2 RGB mouse Bungee, 2 USB 3 ports but it also has USB DAC build in so i think it was 59.90$, basically its a USB DAC with USB Hub and headset holder and RGB
Personally i dont need a dac and prefer the V1 Headset holder its square, has 3 USB ports and looks kinda better, i dont like the circle base of the V2 it makes it look IMO cheap like Aliexpress product
I have the V1 and I agree, the square is better. I love razer products, the build quality is great, plus the RGB's! I recently got the Huntsman Elite. The keys are so loud! The RGB wrist rest is awesome, so it's worth the noise.

Mr.Vegas

Reputable
Mar 13, 2019
I have the V1 and I agree, the square is better. I love razer products, the build quality is great, plus the RGB's! I recently got the Huntsman Elite. The keys are so loud! The RGB wrist rest is awesome, so it's worth the noise.

You got the wrong version of hunstam, they have a silent one, its a newer model, look on amazon it offers a choice of both

Dec 22, 2020
I'm upset with razer over this product because I have been spending a fortune on peripheral's so everything with my razer setup could match. and last year I bought the lian li pc 011 dynamic razer edition. witch theoretically can hold a lot of hardware including but not limited to 15 case fans total with an AIO configured in push-pull. Anyway, to make a long story short I have a lot of ARGB fans more than 6. so naturally I was excited when this product was released. So then I go out to BestBuy and purchase 2 razer chroma ARGB controllers and when I go home to hook them up I find out razer synapse can only detect and use one at a time even though windows detects both of them. so now I have 6 fans I can't control simply because razer disabled the detection of a second controller hub. I'm really really disappointed in this decision with razer and I have looked for answers online but all I have found is other people in the same situation just as upset as I am! in my opinion, system integrators and computer builders! are going to become frustrated with this limitation that razer has included with this device for no reason. other than pure laziness on the software development side. a great majority of people are going to need & or want to connect more than 6 ARGB peripherals. My case alone has 15 fans & that's not including my other ARGB devices. so I spent 40 on a second controller and I can't even make it work. or control it. I'm literally forced to watch a spectrum rainbow until razer engages this huge issue and decides to fix their software to support more than one hub. we need it to support at least 4 and I really hope razer fixes this issue fast! there is nothing I hate more than going out to buy something that won't work as expected out of the box! oh and to top it off nowhere on the box or website does it say you are limited to one hub. so there's nothing stopping someone from buying 4 and having 3 not work.

Dec 22, 2020
get a board with yellow or red switches they are silent!