Razer Blade Pro Gets GTX 1080, Mechanical Keyboard, Weird Touchpad Placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

PancakePuppy

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
I dig the touchpad placement. I had an Everex Cloudbook (junk netbook) that placed a teensy tiny touchpad near the right monitor hinge and the left and right mouse buttons near the left hinge.

rakadedo

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2012
"Instead of positioning it under the keyboard, as it is on virtually every laptop in the world, Razer stuck it off to the left."
I think you meant off to the right?

Somasonic

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
Is the placement so you can use it like a keyboard and mouse i.e. left hand on awsd and the right on the mouse? I've always hated touchpad placement for gaming on laptops, maybe this is better?

Decends

Respectable
Jul 3, 2016

Given what it comes with. The MSRP is about right. GTX 1080 Laptops are hilariously expensive. It squeezes in between a couple of MSI's GTX 1080 Laptops.

Decends

Respectable
Jul 3, 2016
Personally i like the idea of the touchpad where it is. I hate how most damn laptops have it in the middle under the keyboard. I Certainly am not going to place my desktop mouse under my keyboard for any use scenario so why would i do that on my laptop?

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Way to expensive, Clevo's with the same exact hardware specs (minus aluminum unibody and fancy keyboard) are sold for $2 GRAND less..

I like what razer is doing for mobile gaming, and the quality of the industrial design, but they are absolutely out of their #$#%##^& minds if they think they will sell more than 100 of these. there are only so many rich kids in this world who would even buy a razer over a alienware.

Seriously $3600 for a thin gaming laptop. and im sure it will throttle because they've got 200w of hardware in there.

andy_newton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
Razer Blade Pro Gets GTX 1080, Mechanical Keyboard, Weird Touchpad Placement

It's not weird, it's the correct location!!!

Everybody else are forcing numpad there and that's why 15" and 17" don't sell very well.

andy_newton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
@DECENDS

A lot of people use their mice bellow their keyboards. I think this is why, besides space constraints, most laptops have touchpads bellow the keyboards.

ledhead11

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
I agree the MSRP is insane but its nice to see 1080 along reasonable sized 4k gsync displays but a 1440p/144hz/100% adobe rgb gsync would really be the sweet spot.

nanditadhuri

Commendable
Oct 21, 2016
Is the situation so you can utilize it like a console and mouse i.e. left hand on awsd and the privilege on the mouse? I've generally despised touchpad arrangement for gaming on portable workstations, perhaps this is better?
<a href="http://www.coursecrown.com">http://www.coursecrown.com</a>

nanditadhuri

Commendable
Oct 21, 2016
Is the situation so you can utilize it like a console and mouse i.e. left hand on awsd and the privilege on the mouse? I've generally despised touchpad arrangement for gaming on portable workstations, perhaps this is better?
<a href="http://www.coursecrown.com">http://www.coursecrown.com</a>

Rob_54

Commendable
Oct 21, 2016
Most laptops have the touchpad below the keyboard to cater for left and right handed people. As a right handed person this laptop would be perfect for me, but a nightmare for lefties!

Of course the touchpad is in the right location (for users who use keyboard and mouse at the same time, and since this laptop is a gamers laptop, it kinda makes sense... most gamers will have a mouse apart anyway, so you could even remove it but then when on the move you might have some problems).

Most laptops just kept putting the touchpad "where it always was". Its a good example on how innovation has been so hilariously stuck for years, if it took so long for a laptop that has a touchpad where it makes sense.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Ack. Fixed.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Really? That sounds awful. Who are these people?

Edit: WAIT, DO YOU MEAN LOBSTER PEOPLE??

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Agree. I'm willing to give this placement a try.

On the other hand, I use my laptop's touchpad only when I absolutely must, like when I work on planes. Otherwise, I always have a mouse attached. So...eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.