Razer Broken Into, Robbed of Two Blade Laptop Prototypes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mt2e

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
The laptops were stolen to protest the "GeForce GT 555M" from being used.....560M is min for this product....shame shame razor

ouch1

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
[citation][nom]olaf[/nom]so how does it have a 17.6" inch screen ?[/citation]
the screen is measured diagonally just like your TV

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Key cards can be stolen / lost i know that all to well. This tends to happen more often if the company does't enforce an policy to discourage negligence regarding the cards and security in general.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
old news, I was thinking of getting one of these (but not this way), but a 555M is such a turn off. I like the idea of programmable buttons because that would be sweet for like Photoshop and Illustrator even if not for gaming.

G

Olaf they don't measure screen size from edge to edge (horizontally) the measure corner to corner (diagonally). So the screen size can be bigger than the laptop is wide.

lasaldude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
[citation][nom]jeremy88[/nom]I hate thieves... hope they get caught and given at least 15 years without the possibility of parole.[/citation]

15 years for stealing a computer?! This is what is wrong with you people! That's 15 years of your life gone! Obviously you have never been in jail or known anyone who has!

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
For sale: Really nice Razer Laptop. Slightly used. $2000 OBO. :D

Looks like a nice system minus the GPU as others have mentioned. Also, the HDD is kind of small, but not a huge deal.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I hate thieves... hope they get caught and given at least 15 years without the possibility of parole.

15 years for stealing a computer?! This is what is wrong with you people! That's 15 years of your life gone! Obviously you have never been in jail or known anyone who has!
I would have said, give them the death penalty. Why waste taxpayer money for greedy bastards! Stealing is not OK. At the very least, cut off their hands so they can't break in and steal things very easily anymore.

Naxos

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]lasaldude[/nom]15 years for stealing a computer?! This is what is wrong with you people! That's 15 years of your life gone! Obviously you have never been in jail or known anyone who has![/citation]
How about we cut off their hands instead. Thieves are one of the worst kinds of people, they deserve any punishment coming their way.

mrsphex

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
[citation][nom]olaf[/nom]so how does it have a 17.6" inch screen ?[/citation]
Do you not know how they measure screens? It's measure diagonally

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
The Razor was interesting when they created 7-9" thumb typing gaming devices, but I find little to no interest in their corei7 model, as it would be cheaper and easier to get a laptop, and use that for gaming with a decent game controller!

What was interesting about the small devices was portable gaming, with battery life.
A 17" model hardly is portable.
Too bad for them though... They had a great product if they only released it before the netbook craze!

xx_pemdas_xx

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
[citation][nom]ProDigit10[/nom]The Razor was interesting when they created 7-9" thumb typing gaming devices, but I find little to no interest in their corei7 model, as it would be cheaper and easier to get a laptop, and use that for gaming with a decent game controller!What was interesting about the small devices was portable gaming, with battery life.A 17" model hardly is portable.Too bad for them though... They had a great product if they only released it before the netbook craze![/citation]
The pocket sized model they were making, even though its specs sucked, seemed worth it but this is to big..

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
[citation][nom]lasaldude[/nom]15 years for stealing a computer?! This is what is wrong with you people! That's 15 years of your life gone! Obviously you have never been in jail or known anyone who has![/citation]
Its also a couple years worth of R&D + wages of those doing the R&D + any property damage... While I believe 15 years is strong for theft (compared to things like rapists and so on getting less time).

This certainly does such for Razer, although it seems like the laptops would have some kind of lojack installed on them though considering the importance of them. Also shouldnt there be some security cameras to help the police catch the ones who stole these? The security seems poor imho.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Sounds like a marketing stunt to me.

Interesting touchpad placement. Sadly this only works on cumbersome 17" laptops.

[citation][nom]ProDigit10[/nom]The Razor was interesting when they created 7-9" thumb typing gaming devices[/citation]

PC gaming on a 7" screen does not sound like fun to me. Might as well buy a Nintendo or Sony handheld.

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
I think someone was in the know on this one. As far as cutting off hands and whatnot, the Bible says to give back 4-5x the value of the object if it can't be recovered. I think that's good incentive to not steal! Better than going to prison, but still hefty

Another thought, sounds like a great product! Wonder if those prototypes will overheat on the theives or not. Wouldn't u wanna wait till after the thermal tests to steal it? Haha

andy_newton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
If someone wants to steal it, even if it is sitting in the middle of langley, Virginia, it will be stolen.

Poor Razer and poor all of us! I am so excited when they announce this for it is the closests thing to a Macbook Pro killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.