Razer Game Booster Now Open for Public Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

crabdog

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
This kind of program is only really useful to noobs who have 25 icons in their system tray. I would have loved it 10 years ago when I didn't know squat about computers but nowadays I keep running processes to a minimum by habit. Right now the only background things I have going are my antivirus and torrent client so I don't think Game Booster would make much difference at all.

G

iobit gamebooster worked great. the best tool was the defrag for just the game directory. got about 30% boost. all I'm saying is that its not snake oil.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
So Razer partnered with IOBit, known Chinese software firm blatantly caught stealing MalwareBytes' malware engine and definitions years ago, that IOBit? The IOBit that hosted Chinese pron on a sub-page around the same time; that IOBit? /s

Yeah, no thanks.

Game boosting hardly does anything significant with computer hardware today, that of course unless you install everything under the sun that runs as a service and you have less than 500MB of RAM available. Try reading the years-old articles around the Net that demonstrate you barely get 1-2 FPS more from using such software. Ending services you don't need works much the same.

Novulux

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
I suppose the video recording feature is nice, but it only allowed 1 audio stream, so I would need to run audacity in the background...

G

thank you thank you thank you!

because the only thing i know about computers is to ask a 6 year old where the power on button is.
/sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.