News Razer Kiyo Pro Ultra has the Biggest Sensor Ever Put in a Webcam

edzieba

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2016
For the price these 'high end webcams' are going for, you might be better off looking at actual compact cameras (e.g. RX100 series) that can act natively as webcams over USB. Get one second-hand, and you not only have a high quality webcam but a standalone camera too!

Jan 15, 2023
I'd have to disagree. I have two pro mirrorless cameras that promise to work has webcams, both have issues such as eventually overheating when used as an webcam. They are also awkward to mount. Also you end up putting a lot of wear and tear on these devices. Better option would be to use the primary camera of an old android phone and get an app to use it is a webcam. While I can't rationalize spending 399 Cad on a webcam, if I was doing regular vlogs or important online lectures/work I would get a webcam and enjoy the simplicity and dedicated features.

Jan 22, 2023
I'd have to disagree. I have two pro mirrorless cameras that promise to work has webcams, both have issues such as eventually overheating when used as an webcam. They are also awkward to mount. Also you end up putting a lot of wear and tear on these devices. Better option would be to use the primary camera of an old android phone and get an app to use it is a webcam. While I can't rationalize spending 399 Cad on a webcam, if I was doing regular vlogs or important online lectures/work I would get a webcam and enjoy the simplicity and dedicated features.

I've had a Sony A6100 on 24/7 for the last 2 years, with no overheating problems, and a lot of our clients (of PlexiCam.com) are mirrorless users who leave their cameras on all the time as well.

What make/models are you using? I've had issues with a Sony A5100, but that's also an older camera that I happened to buy used, so who knows how that was used! :)