Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma - Power surge on the usb port

Tado__X

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
Hello everyone, I have problem with my brand new Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Headphones.
I have laptop, Lenovo G500s with Windows 7 x64.
The problem is that when I connect headphones to USB 3.0 (in 2.0 they dont work at all) I get warning/error bubble:
"power surge on the usb port" and headphones and the port stop to work (logo dont glow). It means that there is not enough power to handle them? These ports work before I connect headphones (tested with USB mouse and external Hard Drive).
They used to work few days ago without problem and I dont know what happend.
They work on brothers laptop (Lenovo G50)
Any ideas?

InfurnoHD

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2015

This basically means that the unit plugged in needs more power than the USB can provide.

You can either try a different USB port or buy a USB Hub that supplies its own power.

Tado__X

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015

I understand, but why they worked days ago ? I hope I didn't blasted off them.

InfurnoHD

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2015

If they have already worked i'd make sure that all the drivers are up to date.

Tado__X

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
The problem is that I cannot update Razer Synapse (headphones driver) because I need to connect headphones to get it to work. When the headphones are plugged in, ports are not working and when I unplug they start to work after a time.

InfurnoHD

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2015

Update the USB drivers.

Tado__X

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
I already did it but without success. I also removed (manualy) USB drivers and installed USB 3.0 drivers but without any change.
Note: When I turn laptop off and then I plug in headphones and turn laptop on headphones light untill the Windows loading logo shows up. They also 'blink' once in welcome screen and then nothing.