Razer Kraken USB Not Working....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kao Tic

Honorable
Mar 27, 2015
Last Night i resetted my computer and let it run its thing and in the morning i set up my Microsoft account and everything. When I come back from school, I plugged in my Razer Keyboard, Razer mouse, and my Razer Kraken USB, Everything lights up Perfectly but when i went to watch a video, the sound came from my monitor, so i went into "sounds" then "Play-back" and i notice my Razer Kraken USB isn't showing up so i re-plug my Razer Headset to every other USB port and it says it downloading the driver but its not showing up still...

(I have a windows 10)

I went to "Device Manager" and under a tab called " other devices" and my Razer Kraken USB was there, so i right clicked it and click on "update driver software" and i choose "Search automatically for a updated driver software" and a window pops up saying "Windows was unable to install your Razer Kraken USB"
How do i fix this? i search online for a tutorial but i can't find one... Please help me, i've been using this headset for about a 7 months now.

Solution
To begin with, I would recommend uninstalling any drivers that may have installed for the Razer Kraken headset. With the headset plugged in, open Device Manager and look for corresponding USB or audio devices, right click and select Uninstall. Once all devices that appear to be related to the headset are removed, right click and select Scan For Hardware Changes.

You should also ensure that your system is completely up-to-date with the latest build and Windows Updates. If you continue to experience the issue even with reinstalled drivers and the latest build and updates, you can try a clean installation to see if the issue persists in a clean, vanilla environment.

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
To begin with, I would recommend uninstalling any drivers that may have installed for the Razer Kraken headset. With the headset plugged in, open Device Manager and look for corresponding USB or audio devices, right click and select Uninstall. Once all devices that appear to be related to the headset are removed, right click and select Scan For Hardware Changes.

You should also ensure that your system is completely up-to-date with the latest build and Windows Updates. If you continue to experience the issue even with reinstalled drivers and the latest build and updates, you can try a clean installation to see if the issue persists in a clean, vanilla environment.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.