Razer Lights Up MMO Gaming With Naga Epic Chroma

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1r

Reputable
Aug 6, 2014
I have the Naga 2014, paid something like $45 on Amazon iirc. It takes getting used to and I certainly wouldn't have paid any more for it. A naga for $130? No, it's not a sell. The only difference between that one, and the one I have is the LED can change color. That's definitely not worth $100 more. At times those buttons on the side gets very annoying. I also find I only use the 1 & 4 and 2 & 5 buttons on the side as a rule.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
This is the bargain mouse gamers should buy I bought one and it's by far best mouse I've ever used lightweight, but has weights if that how you like your mouse to feel abundance of buttons and even a cool rapid fire button for FPS recoil gaming in mind. It's only minor drawbacks are no tilt scroll wheels and doesn't have that rapid scroll wheel like newer Logitech mouses have. Comfort to gripe to.

http://www.amazon.com/Redragon-Perdition-Precision-Programmable-Cartridge-profiles/dp/B00GU8W5AE/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1414718837&sr=1-1

kayper

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
I don't understand why this "chroma" is the big sell point for this over the Razer Naga epic that I bought almost 3 years ago that has the exact same customizable color scheme, as well as every other feature except for tilt wheel. And the Naga epic can still be bought for around $80. And imo the removal of being able to choose your own side panel that fits your hand was a huge mistake.

dovah-chan

Honorable
I use a naga and the side buttons are very useful but the sensor is just awful. I absolutely hate the philips twin eye sensor and just for it I recommend that everyone stray away from the naga and almost every other mouse in Razer's portfolio besides the deathadder.

kayper

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
I can't say i agree with the sensors being awful, my naga is very responsive even at fast speeds and always has been. I did have some issues with it lagging behind at one point, but a quick driver update fixed that. Do you use a "quality" mouse mat? I use a 18"x24" mat which i assume is actually made for a Magic card game, but it works amazingly and with the size i never have to reposition my mouse while gaming. And its got an awesome graphic on it.

op8

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
Yup...being able to choose different colored lights on your Naga, is now considered "more freedom then ever".

dovah-chan

Honorable

I own a Corsair MM200 standard edition and it is a fine mousepad. The issue I refer is a z-axis issue; which is inherent with the philips twin eye sensor itself. Whenever one lifts up the mouse, it will go down to the right everytime. This can be a big problem in fps games when repositioning your mouse while needing very precise aim. Or, for me specifically, while bhopping my strafes get messed up because when I lift up my mouse in order to readjust and go into a more comfortable position, my mouse jitters and messes me up.

Also it is more recommended to use a plain, solid color mouse pad instead of a multicolored surface. Although that mostly applies to optical mice and not laser mice for the most part.

I think the ergonomics and comfort of the naga are great. (although it gets dirty quite easily and is prone to accidental clicks at times if you have big and heavy hands; which isn't a problem for me personally as I have small hands)

a1r

Reputable
Aug 6, 2014
I think the ergonomics and comfort of the naga are great. (although it gets dirty quite easily and is prone to accidental clicks at times if you have big and heavy hands; which isn't a problem for me personally as I have small hands)

Can't say I agree there. I have small hands for a guy and I find the easiness of accidentally clicking 1 or 4 a little annoying. In fact, some games I unmap 1 entirely.

kayper

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014

The accidental clicking he's referring to is with the left and right click buttons when resting your hand on them. I do run into this as i have big hands, but it's never been an issue. And now that you mention it Dovah-chan i see that it does move down and to the right about 1" on my 27" monitor which could be an issue in a pinch while playing FPS games :)

That's a crappy Chinese knock-off of the Logitech G600 as far as I can tell.

It does have the angled thumb buttons that are a nice improvement. Shouldn't really affect the price much though.

Like Sakkura said, the thumb buttons have been slightly moved and angled for better "find-by-touch." The mouse shape itself is also significantly different. The older Nagas had Razer's usual light bulb fish shape with the low, wide front buttons, pinched waist, and bulbous back side. I never found that shape very comfortable compared to Logitech or MS mice. The new ones have a convex curve throughout which I find better. You can see a comparison on Razer's product page, about halfway down.

I'm with you that I wish they had kept the different side panel options. The Epic's page says this is actually an upgrade since the new design is one-size-fits-all. The changing lights aren't a big deal to me, but I think it would be hard for me to go back to a wired mouse after 7+ years without one.

I'd be surprised if they don't offer a left-hand version of this mouse. It uses the same body panels as the regular Naga so they've already got the plastic molding available.

kayper

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014

The changing lights are not new though this is an original feature of the Naga Epic. And the only difference i see in the actual mouse shape on the product page is the right side of the mouse and now that i look at it and compare to the naga epic in my hand it is identical to my mouse with the largest side panel attached.. so really the only difference in this and the 2012 is that the thumb grid buttons are concave in the center of the grid. But im with you on the no more wired mice. I switch back and forth between my naga epic and a logitech 602.

Status
Not open for further replies.