Razer Promises Zero Lag With ManO’War Wireless Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downhiller80

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
overpriced garbage.

Overpriced?
Most options in this category are between $250 and $400.

Garbage?
Maybe, I have no idea about their headset quality. I have a BW Chroma that I really like, but also a mouse which I wouldn't cry over if it went missing. Synapse is also a headache most of the time.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
overpriced garbage.

Overpriced?
Most options in this category are between $250 and $400.

Garbage?
Maybe, I have no idea about their headset quality. I have a BW Chroma that I really like, but also a mouse which I wouldn't cry over if it went missing. Synapse is also a headache most of the time.

If you're paying $250 for a headset, you're a sucker.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014

Headphones are not a headset, quit putting words in my mouth. All of these headsets have poor audio and you know it. Regardless if you pay $50 or $500.

fueledbygin

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Well, I love my Sennheisers (far superior sound to most other gaming headsets), but they make the same mistake about half the companies who try to make gaming headsets do...using faux leather on the earpiece. That stuff doesn't hold up to sweat at all.

While it takes a little getting used to, some form of cloth material instead offers far better longevity for the types of marathon gaming sessions gamers wear their headsets for. I think the Kingston HyperX has horrendously bad sound quality, but being able to swap out its faux leather pads for cloth ones is huge. Was my first gaming headset (that, I admittedly never use due to such poor sound quality), that made me realize you don't have to suffer the faux leather. I wish every single gaming headset manufacturer at least made cloth pads an option.

From the pics, Razer is making the same mistake of using some faux leather that's going to rip and tear as it breaks down from the oils soaked up from your head.

Steven1989

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
To all the commenter's saying that headset's suck, and this one sucks, you are fools. I purchased the razor megalodon 7.1 surround sound headset several years ago and they are still in perfect shape and sound just as amazing as my several hundred dollar sennheiser headphones. I don't know how good the man o'war headset is but If it is as good as the megalodon headset then it is very much so worth it's money. So to all the haters, get a life, quit being fanboys and just get a life. Headphones aren't end all, be all, and some headsets certainly can produce an extraordinarily good soundstage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS