Review Razer Raptor 27 165 Hz Gaming Monitor Review: Saturated With Quality And Performance

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
THX stopped meaning squat years ago when it just turned into a "pay to play" game. They just diluted their brand and standards in order to make a "tier" for even junk to have their sticker applied to it.

Today THX just means the company wasted money on a useless cert and I dont wanna pay extra for it.

coloradoblah

Reputable
Sep 2, 2020
THX stopped meaning squat years ago when it just turned into a "pay to play" game. They just diluted their brand and standards in order to make a "tier" for even junk to have their sticker applied to it.

Today THX just means the company wasted money on a useless cert and I dont wanna pay extra for it.
Razer bought THX lol, but yes it means nothing these days, it’s too bad, used to be great stuff

saunupe1911

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2016
The lack of HDMI 2.1 is unacceptable.

I'm not buying any laptop, monitor, or video input/output device that doesn't include HDMI 2.1 unless I'm certain all I want to do is 4k 60hz 10 bit HDR

Reactions: Kridian
£899 they are having a laugh for this spec, it would be expensive with £400 knocked off. I have the ASUS PG279QM on order for just over a £100 less than this and that is 240Hz, G-Sync (not G-Sync Compatible) and has NVidia Reflex.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kridian
Isnt this a 1440p monitor?

Sure is.

On a note about this monitor, Hardware Unboxed blasted it somewhat fiercely and deservedly so. What Razer is providing in this monitor doesn't come close to matching up with the price. Far better can be had for cheaper. I say this as a Razer fan, too. In no way, shape, or form would I consider buying this monitor for anything above $500 (if even that). This is just... shameful.

Reactions: sizzling

coloradoblah

Reputable
Sep 2, 2020
Sure is.

On a note about this monitor, Hardware Unboxed blasted it somewhat fiercely and deservedly so. What Razer is providing in this monitor doesn't come close to matching up with the price. Far better can be had for cheaper. I say this as a Razer fan, too. In no way, shape, or form would I consider buying this monitor for anything above $500 (if even that). This is just... shameful.

Ok I missed you mentioned output, I’m not surprised by the price, Razer always charged a premium like Apple but without their quality control or customer service.

Sceptical87

Prominent
Oct 29, 2021
The thing that frustrates me the most about this review and the reason will not buy this monitor (aside from the ridiculous asking price) is the insulting 1 year warranty.

I bought a F127q based off a Toms Hardware review and it turned out of be the biggest piece of garbage ever due to some faults which Gigabyte won't acknowledge or can't fix but at least the product is backed by a 3 year warranty (the review was actually pretty accurate, but the reviewer obviously got a model unaffected by these faults).

I notice the review states in the specs that this product comes with a 3 year warranty - this appears to be incorrect. Refer https://www.razer.com/gaming/monitors/razer-raptor-27-165hz and https://www.razer.com/warranty

Could the reviewer please confirm the warranty as an error has been made somewhere?

Assuming the 1 year warranty is correct, the review needs to be updated immediately to reflect this. I also strongly encourage the reviewer to specifically call out the warranty. Almost all other manufacturers offer 3 years on premium displays. For what is quite possibly the most expensive display on the market (relative to specs), this is completely and utterly unacceptable.

Ok I missed you mentioned output, I’m not surprised by the price, Razer always charged a premium like Apple but without their quality control or customer service.

No worries.

The price is ridiculous though, even for Razer. Them charging a "premium" (Razer tax) is one thing, but it needs to be somewhat reasonable and in this instance, it's utterly absurd. Apple does the same as you've mentioned but that's a whole different ball game.

phaelax

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
Razer has always overpriced and this monitor is no exception. When your very first justification for the price is stating LEDs in the stand, it's a hard pass from me. Then there's the $100 adapter if you want to use a vesa mount? Uh no I don't think so.