Razer Releases Imperator Mouse for Righties

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonr49

Distinguished
May 13, 2006
I'd love to know how ppl actually use 5600dpi, my mouse is capable of 2000 but I set it at 800 and even at that dpi it moves so fast with just a slight flick of the wrist... can't imagine playing at 5600dpi. Looks like a nice mouse though.

G

My work mouse is at 1800dpi. It's the death adder I bought just for work since it gives me the best movement in AutoCAD. I do notice that everyone else complains about how fast it is but the faster it moves, the quicker i can get things done.

I'll have to check this mouse out more as I think customizable locations for my thumb buttons would help me out.

sylvia648

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Yeah, it does look like the MX500, MX510, MX518 and so on. Which in that case if it has a similar feel then it's amazing. Hmmm... a razer mouse I might get. I liked the Diamondback, but the side buttons were horrible and the edges of the copperhead were annoying as well. Using the Habu now, but it feels a little slow after using it for almost a year... must have faster.

dro524

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]jasonr49[/nom]I'd love to know how ppl actually use 5600dpi, my mouse is capable of 2000 but I set it at 800 and even at that dpi it moves so fast with just a slight flick of the wrist... can't imagine playing at 5600dpi. Looks like a nice mouse though.[/citation]
Yeah lol I'm still using an Mx310 with 800dpi and it's enough for me.

Onyx2291

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
I'm fine with my Deathadder. By the time I'll need a new one it would have been revised twice and there will be 5 more types of mice.

MitchMeister-

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
G9 FTW! I love that mouse. Had a G5, mx1000, mx710 before that, but the G9 with the small grip is perfect for me, and with all the weights in it... man. lol.

xc0mmiex

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
lol i didn't notice until u guyz said it, it is a g5 knock off... i thought razer would continue make their terrible innovative mice, but finally they smartened up and just took the best mice ever made, painted it black, and gave it blue LED's... well, i guess its a nice christmas present for all the RAZER fanboyz with 7 mice, 6 "gaming surfaces" aka, mousepads...

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
My Deathadder is pretty damn good, cant imagine this mouse will be much of an improvement, but its not going to stop me from buying it anyway. Razer make good gear .

skykaptain

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I have my mouse set at 3000 dpi as my mouse surface is 6" x 6" so movement is low. what does the 3.5G mean? As G as in 9.8 m/s^2 or grams?

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Arent all mice right handed for right handed people? I am a natural left hander but I am also ambidextrous(probably wrong spelling). I have been using my right hand ever since my first Mac and PC.... I used to use Pc's before mice but thats not the issue.... the issue as, were there ever any left handed mice??

G

I'm using a Cherry M-200L Ergo Shark L Wireless Laser Mouse right now, left handed design. Logitech also has a left-handed mouse. The Cherry mouse is nice though, as it has a usb cable to use as a charger. Means you can continue the mouse as the batteries are charging, which is great.

Haven't had to use that yet though, even using this mouse at work for 2 straight months, so batteries are quite ok.

sm0kex

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
noobs the precision of the sensor is far superior than anybodys logitech does have great mice tho, one of my faves is actually the first g5 the orangish one god that was a great mouse. Razer has always tried to make ambidextrous mice and has been an innovatior in senor technology for mice. You have the dpi set to the highest it can go so it tracks the most then you set your sensitivity in your application you will have to set it really low. You'll finally notice how bad of a mouse you were using and how much smoother everything feels.

oblivionlord

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
The whole point in a high DPI mouse is so you can lower the sensitivity in the game settings to its lowest and adjust the hardware sensitivity on the mouse alone since any form of software adjustment is simply interpolation.

In UT3, I play at 1600x1200, set the ingame sensitivity to 1 and put my G9x at 5600dpi and it feels just right to me at that point.

Also make sure that your Windows sensitivity is at the center with no mouse acceleration enabled either in Window or ingame.

Status
Not open for further replies.