Razer Reveals 'Wolverine Ultimate' Controller For PC, Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Why won't microsoft ever license out the wireless technology with third parties? It was like that with the 360.. You have to buy official if you want wireless.. it sucks!

alextheblue

Distinguished

Especially since an Elite even at full price is $150. I'd bet the Elite remains the better model for those with that kind of budget. Also probably sturdier... what's the warranty on that Razer? If it's like half their mice, you're looking at 12 months, and it breaks at 13 months.

bloodroses

Distinguished

I know I wouldn't spend that much on a Razor product since no one I know has had one of their products last much longer than a year.

theyeti87

Honorable

Naga 2012: 16 million mouse clicks, 14 miles distance traveled
Nostramo: going strong after 4 years
Deathstalker: going strong after 3 years

From Razer Synapse, all-time statistics.

tkline

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2016
I think Razer makes good products, I have a keyboard, mouse and fancy rgb mouse pad from them and they've been great. I'd love a cool game controller for my xbox but like I said, has to be wireless. I don't mind cables for my PC, but I don't want em going across the living room floor.

ERIC J

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
I have the MS Elite i paid $99 shipped for and This Razor looks like it has a bit more re mapping abilities but i have to wonder about that price?
I thought the original $150 for a Elite was insane so $160 for a company that does not even really make controllers is a bit unusual? MS on the other hand are known for the Xbox and Xbox one controllers and of course the Elite version
Pretty sure not many will gamble on one of these Razor's for $160
If it were $say $100 yeah maybe.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Ah yes, the dual shocker combo pack. I'm partial to the new 'box controllers with the rubber, myself.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

naga, bought one referb and it lasted a year, was willing to buy new
naga, bout it new, rmaed 8 times in its warranty period at the cost of 1.5 new nagas in shipping before they let me cut wires to get new ones.
went to the g600, no issues in nearly if not 3 years.

razor, not even once.

bloodroses

Distinguished

My family has had 3 different Logitech mice; every one lasted at least 7 years. The only one that died (mine) was replaced with a free Perrix mouse that I got on a deal. I outlasted 2 of my friend's Razor mice within a 2 year time frame. When the Perrix mouse died, I replaced it back with a Logitech and it has been going strong since.

Nostromo- Originally made by Belkin. Absolutely nothing has changed in design outside drivers. I should know, I have the Belkin one still. I guess Belkin doesn't make that bad of products then.

Wife bought a Black Widow keyboard- First one was defective, second started acting up after two weeks. I have a Rosewill mechanical, still going strong after 4 years of constant use. I even bought another Rosewill for my father for X-Mas, had coffee spilled on it, still works fine after cleaned. They're supposed to be considered a 'cheap' company in comparison. My wife will probably get my Rosewill when I eventually pick up a Ducky or DAS Keyboard.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

razor has issues with hardware. most of my nagas wither had double click issues, or the laser went kaput.
logitech has software issues that are so bafflingly stupid I just don't understand how.

mechanical keyboards are pretty much all hardware, so when I hear razor's sucks, it not shocking to me at all.
Im personally looking into building a keyboard when I get the money, it's going to be likely a cherry switch knock off with a spring replacement to give me 280 gram actuation instead of 60

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS