Razer Tiamat 2.2 Headset Unboxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogien8

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
The problem I have with most headphones is the damn quality, i've had 2 turtle beach headphone units fall apart on me and a 3rd the ( z6a) 1 of the cups lots audio *sigh*. Reading the reviews from other headphones quality is a big issue, most fall apart inside the year warranty or shortly after. While they are feature rich, the quality just isn't there.

EzioAs

Distinguished

Sennheiser

boogien8

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
[citation][nom]EzioAs[/nom]Sennheiser[/citation]
I actually have a pair, but they aren't 5.1 or 7.1 surround, circumaural and no mic. While they do sound amazing, i've had a problem with their 2.5mm jack on the headphone side keeps making a bad connection. Although that "may" have been mistreatment on my end hehe. Other than that they are fantastic units!

EzioAs

Distinguished

If you're a music enthusiast or a very VERY professional sound/music editor. That thing is $1000+, very limited people need it.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]EzioAs[/nom]If you're a music enthusiast or a very VERY professional sound/music editor.[/citation]
Which I am.
But I just LOVE using them while hanging outside, too.
Listening to Hideki Naganuma while...ya know...>: )

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]EzioAs[/nom]Sennheiser[/citation]

I agree. Had several sets over the years, open cup type. Easy on the ears and great clean sound.
I use them on a Revox setup and the sound is amazing.
As for not being 5.1/7.1.... it's a HEADSET for god's sake and most folk use it to play back MP3s...

nameon

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]At least it doesn't look as crappy as that "Electra" garbage.[/citation]
now thats just offensive, i recently got the electras and their great...

I would much rather (and have) match up a pair of quality headphones with an ASUS Xonar series sound card and a clip on microphone.
You will get much higher quality sound in all usage seriousness and virtual 5.1 surround sounds better to my ears than those dedicated '5.1 Gaming' headphones.

These overhyped, overpriced and junk quality '5.1 Gaming' headphones are a complete waste.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]EzioAs[/nom]If you're a music enthusiast or a very VERY professional sound/music editor. That thing is $1000+, very limited people need it.[/citation]

personally i would get the hd 700 over the 800 as they are easier to drive, and over all have a better sound to them.

and by easier i mean more amplifiers will make them sound great apposed to the 800 which i read is a bit more specific as to what you need.

all that said, i believe all headphones should require metal be part of any area that keeps the headphones together. the things that snap in the turtle beach headphones is a small plastic tube,

and my Sennheiser hd 555, they have taken a fair beating because of the morons in this house that dont know how to walk around wires. the part on them that breaks or cracks is the grey area between the cans and the headband, i cant say that that is all fall damage though, as i do not know what caused it, i just know i noticed it after falls.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
I still have my Sennheiser HD 212 Pros from 2007 and they still sound awesome. Since they use quick disconnect jacks on the ear cups, there is no way I can accidentally snag the cord and snap the connections. Very durable, long lasting pair for the $70 I paid 5 years ago.

Audio Technica is also a great brand for the money. I had a pair of A900s for a few months before my roommate snagged the cord and broke them. More companies should use quick disconnect or retractable cords like Sennheiser.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]nameon[/nom]now thats just offensive, i recently got the electras and their great...[/citation]
No they are horrid!

Status
Not open for further replies.