Razer to Make a Naga for Lefties After Overwhelming Demand

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I'm left handed for most tasks, but I can use both sides of my body to perform tasks.
For example I write with my left, mouse it out with my right for accuracy (My right actually writes better but it's uncomfortable), I throw with my right, eat with my left etc..

I couldn't imagine using a mouse with my left, it would feel so unnatural. :p

jkashuba07

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I'm leftie and use the mouse with my left hand, and use a joystick for the right hand. I'm a big FPS gamer and th emore I can do with my dominent (left) hand, the easier it is for me. So I'm excited ^.^

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Lefty here, sitting in front of 3 PCs/Screens. One mouse in the left, one in the right (typing with the nose like Mozart).
If you do it long enough the 'lefty' aspect is not as pronounced anymore. After all, using a mouse is not as demanding an operation than, juggling or throwing a fast ball.
And switching mice from left to right on occasion helps avoid CTS of course.

G

I am left handed, and game using mouse on the left, right hand used arrow keys and surrounding keys(del , end , home etc. , and keypad) that gives me quick access to 25 keys on my right.

Regarding the Naga , I didn't ask for one, but will look it up if I haven't bought a new mouse in the next 12 months. (really ? 12 months ? )

G

I'm a righty, but use the mouse with my left hand. Got the Razer Death Adder left-handed version - best move ever. Will definitely have a look at a left-handed Naga.

duredhel

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
I'm a lefty and I use my mouse with my left hand always have been. And yes, it's often been a pita with lots of mouses so I had to be careful when buying one. Currently I'm using a logitech mx revolution: despite being 'optimised' for the right hand, it's quite easy to find a comfortable grip with the left hand even though there are buttons I just cannot use since I can't reach them. I absolutely cannot use efficiently my right hand with a mouse so yes I'm definitely interested in a Naga for lefties.

While it's true that a lot of lefties use the mouse with their wrong hand, AFAIK most of them do it because the first time they sat before a computer the mouse was on the right and they assumed they had no choice in the matter. Seems I've got lucky since I've bought my first mouse myself and no one decided for me where it should be relatively to the computer...

IMHO every lefty using the mouse with their right hand should try real and hard to use it with their natural strong hand. So far all the people I've managed to convince to do so have been happy with it and never looked back.

It occurs to me that mouses for lefties are like scissors. With effort you can be pretty good at using regular scissors with your left hand but chances are big that you'll never been as good as a right handed person. Personally, I've never been good at it and for years I've accepted what everyone (parents, teachers, friends, ...) since childhood was telling me: that I was hopelessly clumsy. Up until the day my wife bought me scissors for lefties and I realised a simple truth: I was never clumsy, it's just that with regular scissors I simply couldn't SEE what I was cutting...

G

Very excited about this. Will be buying one straight away, but if it works for me I will buy a second to keep as a backup given what I expect to be a very limited production run.

G

The left hand Naga would be fine for me as I only have one hand .That is my left hand or can you only game if you have two hands ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.