Razer Unveils DeathStalker Ultimate Keyboard With Switchblade Interface

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]opmopadop[/nom]'1000hz ultrapolling' means 1ms respons time (from key press to computer) for those about to google it.[/citation]

Most real gaming keyboards use PS/2 connectors, which triggers a CPU interrupt, whenever a key is pressed.

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
A another KB with crap you think you will use but don't. I bought a g15 back in the day thinking i'd use the macros and LCD for WoW and stuff but never did. Save your money and buy a simple backlit maniacal KB.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]thety6on[/nom]I don't understand why Razer keeps marketing their garbage keyboards as "gaming". This one isn't even mechanical and their supposed top rated "gaming" keyboard uses cherry blues. Cherry effin blues.[/citation]

Oh FFS, cherry blues are for TYPING! The little click does nothing for gaming what-so-ever. If you want a "Gaming" switch with tactile feedback, get MX Browns. If you don't want the feedback, reds or blacks. It just goes to show how little Razer seems to know about their "core" market.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]Oh FFS, cherry blues are for TYPING! The little click does nothing for gaming what-so-ever. If you want a "Gaming" switch with tactile feedback, get MX Browns. If you don't want the feedback, reds or blacks. It just goes to show how little Razer seems to know about their "core" market.[/citation]

Remind me of any other company that packs standard components in their creations and market it well so some brainwashed customers stand in line for weeks to get one! There are so many examples like the above its amusing, have part of the human race forgot to actually do any research to pick the best or do they blindly trust every commercial they see and with the "price-tag is high it have to be the best" mentality so deeply rooted it should be considered an obsession. How many really look up what they buy?

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
I wonder if it come's complete with big breasted play boy stars, b-movie queens (dressed in skimpy chain mail .. or nothing), and cheesy dialouge ?

oh wait damn .. this in not a movie tie-in product ..... for that matter who would make a movie tie for the deathstalker movies any way ?

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
while it looks cool, the low profile keys are just bad for gaming.

furthermore they are expensive as hell and you only get a small number of macro keys

the software also lacks the ability to create macros that are as detailed as the kind you will find on logitech gaming devices.

A full color LCD is useless on a keyboard simply due to the fact that you likely have the keyboard in the same general area as your monitor and you will rarely ever look at it (eg look at the logitech keyboards, they have experimented with larger color screens but they were never as successful as the small monochromatic LCD's because the info that is practical to show is very minimal (probably a few scores and other stats like FPS. You don't need a large display showing the weather or other crap, and since the large display offers no tactile feedback, it cannot be used while gaming as it's use will require you to take your eyes off of the game)

Why not instead take what made keyboards like the G15 and the G510 so popular and improve upon it, eg make a competing product that uses cherry mx switches so that they will be even better for typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS