Razer's Ambidextrous Ouroboros Now Available for Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
The fact that this mouse costs nearly as much, or maybe even as much as a mechanical keyboard is quite unsavory.
At least you can justify the purchase of a mechanical keyboard.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
This mouse has an inherent design flaw. It has skates on the front and the sides, but no rear skate, causing the mouse to tilt back and drag on the pad. This is an remarkably flawed design.

[citation][nom]casualcolors[/nom]This mouse has an inherent design flaw. It has skates on the front and the sides, but no rear skate, causing the mouse to tilt back and drag on the pad. This is an remarkably flawed design.[/citation]

nice catch

[citation][nom]casualcolors[/nom]This mouse has an inherent design flaw. It has skates on the front and the sides, but no rear skate, causing the mouse to tilt back and drag on the pad. This is an remarkably flawed design.[/citation]

I disagree. The side skates go all the way to the back of the mouse. It also has interchangeable parts. It's neat but more than I want to spend on a mouse. Logitech G5 for life... haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Q204ABaMWYY#t=63s

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]clonazepam[/nom]I disagree. The side skates go all the way to the back of the mouse. It also has interchangeable parts. It's neat but more than I want to spend on a mouse. Logitech G5 for life... hahahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?featu [...] MWYY#t=63s[/citation]

I'm not assuming that this is a flaw. This has already been commented on by testers. It is a noted design flaw.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Jesus, Razer has gone mad with their prices lately. I'm still using my Diamondback 3G but was wondering what a left ergonomic mouse would cost these days, I sure hope they don't start eliminating their other cheaper alternatives or I'll have to change brand in the future.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]lpedraja2002[/nom]Jesus, Razer has gone mad with their prices lately. I'm still using my Diamondback 3G but was wondering what a left ergonomic mouse would cost these days, I sure hope they don't start eliminating their other cheaper alternatives or I'll have to change brand in the future.[/citation]

they sell a deathadder leftie edition for like $45 i think.

[citation][nom]agnickolov[/nom]Anybody else noticing that the graphic design on the mouse has nothing to do with its name? An ouroboros is a ring consisting of a snake that is swallowing its tail. Read up on its meaning on Wikipedia for example:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros[/citation]

I concede to the poster about the design flaw. The price is a flaw too. So maybe naming it "ouroboros" foretold of a device that's biting its own ass?

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
[citation][nom]agnickolov[/nom]Anybody else noticing that the graphic design on the mouse has nothing to do with its name? An ouroboros is a ring consisting of a snake that is swallowing its tail. Read up on its meaning on Wikipedia for example:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros[/citation]

The logo isn't an Ouroboros logo. It's Razer's logo. Read up on its meaning on Wikipedia for example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razer_USA

apone

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
Ouroboros? I wonder if Razer got this naming inspiration after playing a few rounds of Marvel vs. Capcom 1/2/3 (ahem, Strider Hiryu...).....

rockchalk77

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I actually have one, and I'm not very happy. None of the problems mentioned above are actually issues, what is an issue is the buggy Synapse software/driver.

There is a DPI clutch button (you can't see it, it's on the side right where your thumb rests) and it doesn't work well at all. It's supposed to be a "press and hold" feature to reduce the DPI, but sometimes when you release the DPI doesn't go back up, and sometimes it just sits there and freezes for a couple of seconds, then works again. It's not a wireless issue either as it doesn't happen if you don't use the button.

Furthermore, the mouse displays on the screen the DPI change when holding/releasing that button. Randomly it will move from the right side of the screen to the very bottom left. You can't move it and you can't turn it off either.

Perhaps a software update down the road will make this guy live up to expectations, but their software is already bloated and slow.

johnnyaka

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
@Rockchalk77

Same problem for me, except Position-Change of the DPI Display

If they dont fix the Clutch Button next Week, i will send my Mice back,
130€ is too much for a not working Mice

rockchalk77

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I'm about to put mine on Ebay. I'm sure someone out there will love it. For the time being I'm happy with my Roccat Kova+ No DPI clutch, but I'll live.

Status
Not open for further replies.