Razer's New Abyssus Mouse Simple, Affordable

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstym

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
I can at last tell Logitech to get lost. They (Logitech) make excellent gaming mice, but since the days of the MX310 and the G3 they have chosen to blatantly ignore left-handed gamers. I even posted questions about future plans for left-handed or ambidextrous gaming mice, which have been steadfastly ignored.

I am probably going to buy this one as a replacement for my aging MX310. Thank you Razer for acknowledging the existence of southpaw gamers.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Underneath, it has two mechanical switches -- one on-the-fly dpi switch giving the user their choice of 450, 1800, or 3500dpi

Gamer1: Um, can you guys give me a sec while I turn my mouse upside down so I can adjust it's speed.

Enemy Gamers: Uh, yeah sure go ahead.

Gamer1: Thx. Oh, wait, no. Now it's too fast. Can you hold one more se...

Enemy Gamers: HEADSHOT!!!

My Logitech adjusts on they fly with a button at my finger tip.

kencolestud69

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Affordable? The price is comparable to the G9 mouse I bought on sale for $50. The Razer mouse may be a good choice for lefties but for the right hand man it is too expensive for something so plain.

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
the price is a bit much for a 3 button mouse and 3500dpi is pretty intense unless you like super sensitive mice. if they dropped the price $20 then i think it might be worth it. I use exclusively Razer mice but this doesn't seem to be worth it, especially at a $50 price point.

G

I bought my Cooler Master Sentinel for $50... it's got everything but the kitchen sink. Best mouse ever. What a ripoff razor

ElectroGoofy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
What in the world is with this? First the plain keyboard, and now the plain mouse. I'll take my mice with plenty of buttons on the side, thank you very much.

But for older people who don't want all the "confusing" extra buttons on them, this would be great. I would doubt that there are that many older people on this site, though :sarcastic:

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
[citation][nom]jtt283[/nom]Hmmm, take a solid, $20 mouse, add "Gaming" to the title, and jack the price by over 100%...are gamers really that gullible?[/citation]

Err, Game-Eyez anyone?

xyzionz

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
I have and i7 based rig
but I still use a 3 dollar 800 dpi mouse, and i got bunch of them
if one went out, just simply replace it haha (no matter what's the cause)
and i can game and frag like crazy again

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Ermmm...the Logitech G5 is around $50..and is well worth it. On the fly DPI switching, 5 main buttons, 7 if you reprogram the DPI settings, Logitech SetPoint if you need to reprogram buttons or settings, and long lasting. And as a side note, adjustable weights if it really kills you to have it too light or too heavy.

Had my G5 for over 2 years now, not a single complaint...the laser does tweak out over time like optical mouses do (the random flip out spinning around the screen stuff) and it's solid, no complaints whatsoever. Well...yeah...still got nothing.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]tipoo[/nom]That DPI figure is pretty intense. How does it compare to newer tech like Blue track or Darkfeild?[/citation]
For the price the DPI isn't that high, but DPI isn't that important more so is how well it can track faster acceleration basically faster hand movements while remaining consistent in it's performance from moving the mouse from point a to b the result remains the same no matter how fast you hand moves.

Logitech sells G9x and G500(which is only $60 US) mice which have a DPI of absurd amounts of 5700 i believe which is insane to put it on unless you are spanning across several 2k sized monitors

Personally i just keep to my G9 mouse for ergonomic purposes fits just right for someone that uses a wrist rest. I keep my mouse at 2200dpi, but i have 800 and 1400 set for "on the fly" for some games that don't support my full resolution. Anyways i wouldn't give it up for the world as the free flowing wheel which you can turn to a ticker type is very nice for the intensive internet surfer.

Bluetrack is by Microsoft and dark field by logitech are more of office/portable mice applications as they work well on a large variety of surfaces. Razer still deals strictly to a "gamer" crowd.

I gave up symmetrical mice a long time ago this is just another razer product i wont even try.

calibrah

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
Brendano, Your G5 freaks out because a hair or some dust got in the laser hole thing. Happens to me sometimes. Only time the mouse becomes unresponsive or freaks out is usually a hair is blocking the laser.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I love my G500 mouse. After my going through 3 Intellimice (left click died on all 3-with the last one I bought dying just after 6 months) I decided to switch to Logitech. The on-the-fly changeable dpi is awesome, particularly when you have different games where some the max mouse speed setting is too danged slow and others where "speed 1" is t o o s l o w and "speed 2" is supercrazyfastunusable. I like the layout of the 3 side thumb buttons too. The ability to switch the mode of the wheel from indexed to free-flying is nice too. The tunable weight thing is a little silly imho, but I'm sure someone out there thinks that's important.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
[citation][nom]sstym[/nom]I can at last tell Logitech to get lost. They (Logitech) make excellent gaming mice, but since the days of the MX310 and the G3 they have chosen to blatantly ignore left-handed gamers. I even posted questions about future plans for left-handed or ambidextrous gaming mice, which have been steadfastly ignored.I am probably going to buy this one as a replacement for my aging MX310. Thank you Razer for acknowledging the existence of southpaw gamers.[/citation]

I just want to jump in and say that I LOVE my MX310 and agree with you completely. If only stupid vista would allow me to load mouseware drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.