Razer's New Seir?n Microphone Offers 'Studio-Grade' Quality For Streamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jase240

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Anyone else notice the similar design to a Blue Yeti? I think Razor is trying to copy a popular condenser mic, and charge people double the price.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Exactly like the Yeti pro minus the analog XLR input. Rip off LOL but at lease there some one else trying to make high end USB microphones. As youtube gets more competitive, getting the best sound is more important then ever.

Lmah

Honorable
May 3, 2013
I seriously have my doubts with this product, Razer needs to stick to making Deathadders and leave audio equipment to the professionals.

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Looks fantastic - and I mean it LOOKS great. However, this is a crap product at that price and would not replace my Yeti. Although it is sexy as hell.

Agreed. I have a Deathadder and its great, running solid for about 3 years or more of clicking. They make nice mouse pads too!

Jay Liu

Reputable
Dec 11, 2014
I prefer Yeti, both looks and price/performance. Razer can suck a fat one, I've not had a single piece of their product that didn't disappoint yet.

if for a usb condenser mic, get a yeti or an AT2020 or other better choices. I am not saying that this will suck (hey, we have yet to test it right?), but it is at the price of well known mics.
and i do hope that this is compatible with other shock mounts so buyers can have a choice.
as much as i would like to have a deathadder, i have many friends that had the mouse and it failed, too early. nice mouse but it breaks too often than others

Daniel Basulto

Reputable
May 27, 2014
Listen... I work in and have a personal Home Studio and the asking price on this is crazy for the Audio Quality you are going to get. Invest into a analoge mic and Audio Interface and you will be hapy FOREVER. USB mics are a joke. Looks on the other hand and build quality look to be the culprit for pricing... It does look sexy.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
It is actually a rebadged yeti pro, without the XLR.
The only benefit of the yeti pro, over the original yeti mic, is the XLR. The increased recording bit depth, has no benefit, as the mic capsules and other front end stuff are not able to deliver enough dynamic range to utilize a 24 bit output..

A yeti pro, but without XLR, will be a worst buy than the original yeti, as it will make the mic not plug and play (yeti pro needs special drivers that is not available for every OS).
XLR is useful as allows it to be used with various hardware compressors and other audio processors which do not really add any latency to the audio, thus allowing for real time audio processing without losing sync with video if you are doing something live.

If you want to do podcasting or voice overs, you are far better off with the AT2020, it is around $70 cheaper, but offers significantly better vocal quality, and maintains the bass in your vocals at a longer distance, and is also less sensitive to room noise

For the same price as what razer is offering, you can go for what is hands down the best USB microphone available at the moment, which is the Rode NT-USB. It pretty much offers the best effective dynamic range, and flattest response curve, and without any tweaking, offers that radio style voice.

applegetsmelaid

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
I don't know what everyone is complaining about. This is an excellent mic (on paper at least) at a reasonable price. It has virtually the same specs as the Lewitt DGT 650 which is double the price. I couldn't imagine much of a quality difference.

Hi, do you mind if i send you a pm? just want to ask a few things (looking to buy an interface), if it is ok.
it's ok if you are busy :)

whoa, good point, i am looking to get a condenser mic with an inteface, but i have a mechanical keyboard (though it is a red switch fortunately)
but i always use push-to-talk when gaming, so i guess it's ok somewhat

eriko

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
Try BUYING it... Their website has NO CONTACT PHONE NUMBER, and when I wrote to them for a Razer Blade laptop, they told me they don't sell it in the UK, despite it being all over EBay.

Forget it, I told them.

Sep 2, 2013
People say it's like the Yeti Pro, but it probably sounds like shit. Razers facebook page released the video of the ad, and the voice over was shitty. It hurts my ears to listen to it. I'd rather buy an Audio Technica AT2020 because it's both better, and cheaper by 30 bucks. And Audio Technica actually SPECIALIZES in audio quality. Razer is just another "High end" gaming brand. Better off with their Mouse and Keyboards.

Jay Liu

Reputable
Dec 11, 2014

So true. Their "high end gaming" products aren't even built well. The BlackWidow Tournament has huge problem with loose USB cable/flex. The glue on their new deathadder & naga grips come off and stick to your fingers while in use. The LEDs on their keyboards fail prematurely, the switches they use is now the cheap Chinese Kailhs.

Razer is all marketing and 0 quality, that's my conclusion after throwing thousands of dollars at them - one of my worst mistakes in gaming peripherals!

It's sad people care about sponsored gears & sexy chicks more than actual quality these days lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.