RDP Group Policy Creation

I have created a group policy for thin clients to access a terminal services
server on my network. However, I receive an error, "The local policy of this
system does not permit you to logon interactively", with an account I have
specifically created in terminal serveices' users.
Any help in regards to this situation, would be deeply appreciated.
Thank you.
Al

In the user's account properties, have you checked "Allow logon to terminal
server" on the Terminal Service Profile tab?

Is the server in TS Admin mode, or Application?

Ken

"Alboni" <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a group policy for thin clients to access a terminal
>services
> server on my network. However, I receive an error, "The local policy of
> this
> system does not permit you to logon interactively", with an account I have
> specifically created in terminal serveices' users.
> Any help in regards to this situation, would be deeply appreciated.
> Thank you.
> Al

Thanks for your response, Ken. Yes, the user's account has been enabled to
logon to terminal services and the server is in remote administration mode.

"Ken B" wrote:

> In the user's account properties, have you checked "Allow logon to terminal
> server" on the Terminal Service Profile tab?
>
> Is the server in TS Admin mode, or Application?
>
> Ken
>
> "Alboni" <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have created a group policy for thin clients to access a terminal
> >services
> > server on my network. However, I receive an error, "The local policy of
> > this
> > system does not permit you to logon interactively", with an account I have
> > specifically created in terminal serveices' users.
> > Any help in regards to this situation, would be deeply appreciated.
> > Thank you.
> > Al

Is the user an administrator on the terminal server? I believe on Win2000
remote admin is limited to administrators on the computer.

> Thanks for your response, Ken. Yes, the user's account has been enabled
> logon to terminal services and the server is in remote administration
> mode.
>
> "Ken B" wrote:
>
>> In the user's account properties, have you checked "Allow logon to
>> terminal
>> server" on the Terminal Service Profile tab?
>>
>> Is the server in TS Admin mode, or Application?
>>
>> Ken
>>
>> "Alboni" <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have created a group policy for thin clients to access a terminal
>> >services
>> > server on my network. However, I receive an error, "The local policy
>> > of
>> > this
>> > system does not permit you to logon interactively", with an account I
>> > have
>> > specifically created in terminal serveices' users.
>> > Any help in regards to this situation, would be deeply appreciated.
>> > Thank you.
>> > Al

No, I don't have the user as an administrator. If I switch the modes, can I
have a user without administrative rights?
Thank you.
Al

"Ken B" wrote:

> Is the user an administrator on the terminal server? I believe on Win2000
> remote admin is limited to administrators on the computer.
>
> Ken
>
> "Alboni" <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your response, Ken. Yes, the user's account has been enabled
> > logon to terminal services and the server is in remote administration
> > mode.
> >
> > "Ken B" wrote:
> >
> >> In the user's account properties, have you checked "Allow logon to
> >> terminal
> >> server" on the Terminal Service Profile tab?
> >>
> >> Is the server in TS Admin mode, or Application?
> >>
> >> Ken
> >>
> >> "Alboni" <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

I believe so, but then you'd be using application mode. Selection of the
mode all depends on what you need the user to do on the server.