RDP Shortcut keys...

I have a user that is having problems with shortcut keys when connecting to TS using RDP.
All keys using "Ctrl" or "Alt Gr" do not work: "Ctrl+C" = c instead of copy etc...

Is there a way to specify the "shortcut keys" on the client. The user is using the RDP client that came with Windows 2000...

Try updating to the latest rdp client, version 5.2.3790, downloadable
here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8255ffc-
4b4a-40e7-a706-cde7e9b57e79&DisplayLang=en

Then go to the Local Resources tab and check the settings for
shortcut keys.

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

"=?Utf-8?B?VG9yZHN0ZXI=?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:87F64F35-B115-43C0-B726-6D0A2FB8EAEF@microsoft.com:

> I have a user that is having problems with shortcut keys when
> connecting to TS using RDP. All keys using "Ctrl" or "Alt Gr" do
> not work: "Ctrl+C" = c instead of copy etc...
>
> Is there a way to specify the "shortcut keys" on the client. The
> user is using the RDP client that came with Windows 2000...

Thank you for the answer Vera.
I have already told the user to try this, but I wanted to know if there is a way to "adjust" the default shortcut keys like you can in the Citrix ICA client. Registry keys maybe or .ini files ??

Not that I know of. And it seems to me that the user is having a
slightly different problem: depending on the settings in the rdp
client (Windows keys go to local client or to remote session), the
Ctrl-C command should have a copy effect either locally or remote. If
the client only gets a "c" remote, then there's something else going
on.
I would still update to the latest rdp client, though, that might
well fix it.