Re-install of winXP Home on 700x ?????

clif

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

I had to re-install winxp on my 700x using the GW system CD's .
I got winXP working but noticed some differences in speed,
HD Folder layout, some missing drivers and other differences.

I talked to GW Tech Support, both e-mails and chat several
times but mostly just got a lot of "canned" answers which didn't
even come close to resolve my questions.

So, I'm looking for someone who has an identical system or
even a closely matching system who hasn't had to re-install
XP (yet???). Would like to do a comparision of some things.

My system:
Wasp Motherboard
3.0GHZ 800MHz FSB P4 NORTHWOOD HYPER THREADING PROCESSOR
Memory: 1024MB Memory Module
160GB SATA Hard Drive
18 LCD Flat Panel Display Analog/Digital (18.1 viewable)
128MB NVIDIA GEFORCE4 TI4200 Graphics Card Drivers
DVD-RAM/-R/-RW/CDRW Recorder
SB Audigy (Twister) Sound Card w/IEEE 1394
Boston Acoustics BA7900 5.1 Speakers (5 + Boombox)
Multifunction PS2 Keyboard
Logitec USB Optical Mouse
Panasonic 3.5 Floppy ID Drive

thanks,
clif

Clif,

Why don't you try www.helponthe.net most of these people are IT or may
have had the same problem as you.

Ron

clif wrote:
> I had to re-install winxp on my 700x using the GW system CD's .
> I got winXP working but noticed some differences in speed,
> HD Folder layout, some missing drivers and other differences.
>
> I talked to GW Tech Support, both e-mails and chat several
> times but mostly just got a lot of "canned" answers which didn't
> even come close to resolve my questions.
>
> So, I'm looking for someone who has an identical system or
> even a closely matching system who hasn't had to re-install
> XP (yet???). Would like to do a comparision of some things.
>
> My system:
> Wasp Motherboard
> 3.0GHZ 800MHz FSB P4 NORTHWOOD HYPER THREADING PROCESSOR
> Memory: 1024MB Memory Module
> 160GB SATA Hard Drive
> 18 LCD Flat Panel Display Analog/Digital (18.1 viewable)
> 128MB NVIDIA GEFORCE4 TI4200 Graphics Card Drivers
> DVD-RAM/-R/-RW/CDRW Recorder
> SB Audigy (Twister) Sound Card w/IEEE 1394
> Boston Acoustics BA7900 5.1 Speakers (5 + Boombox)
> Multifunction PS2 Keyboard
> Logitec USB Optical Mouse
> Panasonic 3.5 Floppy ID Drive
>
> thanks,
> clif

clif

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

RDBrimmer wrote:
> Clif,
>
> Why don't you try www.helponthe.net most of these people are IT or may
> have had the same problem as you.
>
> Ron
>
> clif wrote:
>> I had to re-install winxp on my 700x using the GW system CD's .
>> I got winXP working but noticed some differences in speed,
>> HD Folder layout, some missing drivers and other differences.
>>
>> I talked to GW Tech Support, both e-mails and chat several
>> times but mostly just got a lot of "canned" answers which didn't
>> even come close to resolve my questions.
>>
>> So, I'm looking for someone who has an identical system or
>> even a closely matching system who hasn't had to re-install
>> XP (yet???). Would like to do a comparision of some things.
>>
>> My system:
>> Wasp Motherboard
>> 3.0GHZ 800MHz FSB P4 NORTHWOOD HYPER THREADING PROCESSOR
>> Memory: 1024MB Memory Module
>> 160GB SATA Hard Drive
>> 18 LCD Flat Panel Display Analog/Digital (18.1 viewable)
>> 128MB NVIDIA GEFORCE4 TI4200 Graphics Card Drivers
>> DVD-RAM/-R/-RW/CDRW Recorder
>> SB Audigy (Twister) Sound Card w/IEEE 1394
>> Boston Acoustics BA7900 5.1 Speakers (5 + Boombox)
>> Multifunction PS2 Keyboard
>> Logitec USB Optical Mouse
>> Panasonic 3.5 Floppy ID Drive
>>
>> thanks,
>> clif

Thanks for the replies guys. I got it.
I needed to install the intel application accelerator but
without the RAID option in the BIOS, it must be turned off
or an error results (only have 1 HD, with 2 HDs RAID
would work). Got my speed back!

Again, Thanks,
clif