Re-installed win 10 and MAJOR FPS DROP on assassin's Creed origins

Srikanth Satya

Reputable
May 7, 2015
Hi,
I recently reinstalled my win 10 with a fresh format of C drive and every driver is up to date and every thing remained the same as before but while gaming with optimal settings, AC orgins had a lot of FPS drop. Before the win 10 installation it worked very well with no FPS issues at all
Please help. Thank you in advance

Solution
yes, they are right, only one is 3.0, so you are in a 2.0 slot I figure, your PCIe 3.0 took a dump for some reason, motherboards fail
https://www.cnet.com/products/gigabyte-ga-h97m-d3h-1-0-motherboard-micro-atx-lga1150-socket-h97/specs/

4 x DIMM 240-pin
1 x CPU
1 x PCIe 3.0 x16
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode)
2 x PCI

welp, time for a new MOBO! :love: so many good choices. start saving if you can.

Srikanth Satya

Reputable
May 7, 2015

first all, sorry for down voting your comment that was purely an accident and my os kinda crashed while restoring so i had to reinstall my win 10 again with a fresh format of my C drive and after this everything else is working fine except for AC origins which with even least settings has low FPS which i never had even with high game settings! dunno what is holding the game back from its performance. please help brother !

Srikanth Satya

Reputable
May 7, 2015

so i went to the service centre and they finally decided that the PCI slot is not working properly cuz whenever we try to boot the computer its hanging up at the windows loading screen and doesnt load the drivers but when my GPU was shifted to the second PCI slot it worked but the FPS dropped ! so i researched online and found out that the second PCI slot dosent have equal performance as the first one but i'm not really sure about it ! this is my motherboard bro - GIGABYTE H97M-D3H . can u find out if its really the slot? but physcially my slot looks all ok with no damage at all !

yes, they are right, only one is 3.0, so you are in a 2.0 slot I figure, your PCIe 3.0 took a dump for some reason, motherboards fail
https://www.cnet.com/products/gigabyte-ga-h97m-d3h-1-0-motherboard-micro-atx-lga1150-socket-h97/specs/

4 x DIMM 240-pin
1 x CPU
1 x PCIe 3.0 x16
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode)
2 x PCI

welp, time for a new MOBO! :love: so many good choices. start saving if you can.

Solution

Srikanth Satya

Reputable
May 7, 2015

yeah bro :( this prob jus popped up right after i bought a new cooler master 120L for the chip, literally after 2 days. now a new MOBO is quite expensive as well and i just completed the warranty of it 3 months back when not even i prob popped up. i'm mentally and financially exhausted. Anyways man thanks a lot for the help, at least i know what the problem is. soon i'll figure it out. thanks again