Re-installed windows 7, Ethernet controller drivers missing.

G

I formatted and did a complete clean install of windows 7 ultimate 64 bits. I'm unable to connect to the internet via Ethernet cable. I checked device manager and find that I'm missing the Ethernet controller drivers.

my specs are:

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20Ghz

Memory(Ram) 4.00gbs

Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce 8400 GS

Motherboard:Asrock G41M-VS3

I went to the motherboard manufacturer's website to download the drivers. I downloaded the atharos drivers that were listed in LAN, but now I get the following error when I try to install them '' installer can't find atheros AR81 family Ethernet controller on your system'' Please help!!!

Solution
go to device manager and see if its there.if so does it have an exclamation mark beside it,indicating a problem? if its there try updating the driver from there. if that doesnt work try uninstalling it from device manager and restart the computer. windows should recognize the device and at least install windows default drivers.
go to device manager and see if its there.if so does it have an exclamation mark beside it,indicating a problem? if its there try updating the driver from there. if that doesnt work try uninstalling it from device manager and restart the computer. windows should recognize the device and at least install windows default drivers.

Solution