Re-occuring BSOD

john the swift

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
Hello i have a re-occuring bsod that is getting on my nerves and i cannot find an explanation
the error code is.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050031
BCP3: 00000000000406F8
BCP4: FFFFF80002E4ED0C
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

My computer is running
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
office 2003
zonealarm extreme security suite
logitech gaming panel, msi afterburner

computer hardware is
Asus striker 2 formula mobo
8 gb ddr2 800mhz corsair
60GB SSD patriot inferno
msi gtx 465
m850w power supply
q9550 cpu

i would appreciate any help in diagnosing and fixing this issue, just let me know what information you need

also getting this error in event viewer
The following fatal alert was generated: 10. The internal error state is 10.
source schannel event id36888
^ any ideas?
(NOTE this is a FRESH reinstall done 2 days ago)

Ok, you can try a workaround.

In control panel>Network and Internet>View network status and tasks>Change adapter settings>Local Area Connection>right click Properties.

Double click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)>Advanced>WINS tab>Disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP>OK

mrmez

Splendid
The problem with diagnosing windows issues is the endless hardware and software variability.

Sure you used the same software or hardware across different machines, but it doesn't guarantee they will work on this one.

Software-wise its really just a matter of disabling/uninstalling anything and everything that you can. You can also do a zero fill (get rid of persistent viruses etc), and reinstall.

Hardware-wise, its the simple and easy task of replacing every single component, starting with the easy stuff, and end with replacing the mobo etc.

If ur not even prepared to remove zone alarm to test, you won't get anywhere fixing windows machines. Maybe just pay a shop or high school kid a few hundred to do it for you.

john the swift

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
@mrmez
i am prepared to remove it as a test and i have previously with no effect. thus i am un-interested. also. pay a shop? lmao! scamming morons alot of the time

Barring this one issue i am completely capable of fixing my own issues.
only reason i am asking this forum is for a fresh perspective not for someone to make sweeping generic statements and be an ass, have a nice day ^_^

lafontma

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
0x0000007f are usually in order:

ram issues
hardware issues
Driver issues

Ram is pretty easy to test, general hardware might be harder if you dont have spare parts lying about. As for drivers, since you say you have 4 different computers, i would try to compare what driver might be different on this particular computer versus the others ones.

my 2C

mrmez

Splendid
All i can go on is what you write. You don't say you what you have tested, but when we suggest something you say "im not removin zone alarm".
Turns out you have tried to remove it. Maybe try telling us what you HAVE tried instead of just:
-Problem
-Specs
-Fix it for me

BSOD's ARE sweeping general statements of something going wrong. As lafontma said: Could be hardware, could be software.

Software is the easiest to control. Disable/uninstall/update programs/drivers. Use safe mode.

Failing that, "its the simple and easy task of replacing every single component, starting with the easy stuff, and end with replacing the mobo etc."
If i were to list the easy stuff in order:
-Non essential cards
-Ram
-GPU
-HDD/SSD
-CPU (rare)
-PSU (semi rare)
-Mobo

Change one variable at a time and re-test.

Again, I've already said that all of that.

The reason why those computer shop morons charge so much is that going through one thing at a time can take all day, and time is money.

Sounds like you are just looking for a quick and easy fix. Click this, install that, delete those.
Not that simple. Everyone knows you have to go through the list.

john the swift

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
mrmez, unless you have an idea or an opinion which is helpful, kindly go away. as i said this is a 100% fresh install. this means. every program. every driver. every windows update. are 100% up to date and installed. all hardware is tested. working. thus. my original statement.

and computer shop guys just waste time. i volunteer at a pc repair shop for charity and most repairs take an hour or 2. max

an opinion or idea that would be useful are things like.... run ramtest. update drivers. check event viewer check services or startup items that could be causing problems blah blah blah check that ram is actually seated properly e.t.c.

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137539

0x7f STOP code is usually hardware related. The above linke still applies to Windows 7 so you can ignore the "Applies To..." comment. BCCode: 7f BCP1: 0000000000000008 means a Double Fault has occurred according to Microsoft. I'd start with testing the RAM with MEMTEST. Let it run until it fails or for at least a couple of hours, longer if you can. Either way, have a read through that KB article I linked and see if any of Microsoft's suggestions help you find the problem.

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Well, download Prime95 and run a stress test for your CPU. See if you can make it crash. Run Small FFT's with 4 threads and it should just stress your CPU for the most part. See if it crashes or prime95 starts reporting errors on any of the cores. Or at least try it if your computer crashes again with the new Zone Alarm update you just received.

john the swift

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
random. it can happen when im gaming, when its idle, when im watching video files, it can happen when im downloading.

totally random. i havent seen a pattern to what causes it o_O

stress testing my cpu atm... handling it like a champ lol how long should i run it for? the stress test runs it very hot (obviously) dont wanna fry it lol

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
nikorr... you following me? haha

john, you probably only need to run it about 30-45 min. I would think it would trigger it by then. And as logn as your CPU stays under 70C you're good on temps.

If the small fft's doesn't trigger it, run the Blend test that tests the CPU and RAM at the same time. Run it for half an hour and see if any errors occur. If nothing, then I'd go back to drivers/software conflicts. If the problem can happen even at idle but can't be triggered stress testing, then driver/software issues are prime suspects to me. Which would be easy to test if we knew how to trigger it and could try triggering it in Safe Mode.

john the swift

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
wish i knew what triggered it. unforunately nothing strange in event viewer. its passed the 24k test so far... and my temps on my cpu are a bit *** because its stock cooling
but it never goes about 70c when gaming

Dogsnake

Distinguished
If nothing else works to define the problem, I suggest you format, install windows and chip set drivers, sound drivers and any other MB drivers needed for on board devices (usb, lan, etc.) finally update windows and then run the system. If no bsod start to add software and other drivers one at a time until the bsod start. This is a true pain but a fully loaded system presents so many variables that you may need to simplify it to define it.