ready2buy.... but EGG=ROT! $80 +$30 = $110: Antec Case w/430W PSU!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pianoplayer88key

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006

The egg doesn't have the retail version of that drive on their site.

umm... almost double the cost (with the shipping) for the case?
And yes, I'd like to save $ on the PSU, but with that one I'd have to sacrifice too much.
I'm about to click the checkout button in the next few minutes.

What exactly would you have to sacrifice with that PSU, other than the massive 12V rail? The board you chose does not support SLI or Crossfire.

So I guess my real question is, whats the point in purchasing a PSU like that for such a low-end system? Reusablity?

EDIT: Ok. I see. It has a rebate too.

jalpaugh1978

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008

Dude just get it... it leaves you plenty of room to upgrade. It's a good build if it's what you want. have fun and G/L

jalpaugh1978

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
I would just get two fans total...it's all you need. put one in the front annd one in the back of your case...just remember front=intake and back= exhaust

pianoplayer88key

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
would this case be ok? $69.99 shipped.

sinxar: future expandability. I already have 3 HDDs, and wouldn't put it past myself to add 2 or 3 more later as the need arises, as well as a couple extra DVD burners.

It should work fine and it looks OK.

I was looking for that case to show him. I like the one with the silver highlights.

I personally find doors and windows just plain annoying, but thats just me apparently (*Shouts curses at the Blackwidow case on the floor next to the desk*)

Same. I got this cruddy Blackwidow case. It didn't have a PSU or anything, it was $30. Within a month it vibrated like hell and I almost smashed the entire computer a few times.

Heh, I guess I learned to stay away from really cheap cases. That RC 690 looks mighty fine though...

jalpaugh1978

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008

it's all good

jalpaugh1978

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
you may want to stick with the 550wVX just to make sure...Would you hurry up and just buy your stuff already...you've got a good build going...lol j/k

pianoplayer88key

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
Ok here it is, with XP Home included, for $485.10 total upfront price.

I could get the OEM version of XP locally for $82, though. But considering I'd have to get a part locally, and their prices in most cases aren't as good as online, is it not worth it?