Real safe temps for titan x pascals

cyrustheviruz1

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
So I've acquired a Titan X Pascal, I actually chose this over getting a RTX 2080 Ti, it was cheaper and more stable from what I've researched. I replaced 2 1070s because i no longer wanted to do the SLI thing, the fact so many new games not supporting it was annoying me. I'm very happy with this solution, as the performance is just as good as my SLI setup, plus more vram. Now to my question... boy this is one hot puppy. I like to keep my components cool, I like speed and power but i also like my investments to last, id rather replace a fan because it wore out than burn out a $1000 GPU, just sayin. I was used to seeing numbers in the 62c to 66c range, maybe 68c tops with my SLI setup, this badboy though jumps to 74c, 75c, in 3dmark even saw 77c with 120% power going on. Is this safe? and by safe I mean i'm a big gamer so is my card safe running at these temps, or at 70c to 75c when i'm gaming? will my card last the 3 to 5 years that I want it to? The person I got it from used it for 11 months, very conservative, he didn't let it get above 72c to 75c himself so I know its in fine condition. I've been reading about alot of people getting water coolers, I really don't want to alter the card in any way if i can help it, if its running around 10 degrees hotter than my SLI then i'm cool with it, just would like some advice on this. Thank you.

those temps are high, but normal for a titan. especially the titan x pascal.
remember that titans are always just the best of an architecture and always run hot, especially with the inadequate cooling of the blower style reference design (which titans are bound to).

75 degrees wont hurt the card. I go as far as to say that anything below 85 is safe, but keeping the gpu anywhere below 70 is good. you dont have to worry about the card but just know that getting more airflow into your case, or watercooling it using an nzxt bracket/costume block and full loop will be better if you want to upgrade down the line.

also getting a titan x pascal was stupid, as its just not as good as the 2080ti in any way shape or form.
the reference cooler design on the 2080 ti looks and performs better, not to mention board partners, a 2080 ti will have much better long term support and will have constant driver updates atleast 2 years more than the titan. also the titan lacks ray tracing which seems to be the future of gaming and rendering as with every driver update it seems to go closer and closer to normal performance.

for example, in battlefield 5, you went from 4k 80-100ish fps without rt, to 1080p 60fps at best.
now you can play 4k 40ish or 1440p at 80-100 or so fps. and it gets better with updates.

personally, for that budget I would have gotten a new last on the shelf 1080 ti…

so for summary, dont worry about the temps, but try to get them lower if you can, and dont overclock.

p.s if you ever see temps go up first off clean the card out of any dust with compressed air, and if that doesn't work and you dont want to water cool it, take the shroud off and take the fan off, and zip tie noctua industrial fans on it. it will look bad, but performe really good to the point you can overclock it to match way better cards.

cyrustheviruz1

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
thanks for the advice! I got the card for $500 lol definitely worth it, i checked into the 1080ti and couldn't find a founders edition or otherwise cheap enough and I'm not sure about the 2080ti, i love the look of them, I own 2 MSI 2080s on my other rig (which is doing 4k, this is my work/side game pc on a 1080p 144hz monitor) I may do water cooling, I'm not sure I'll keep an eye on it. For the money I'll use it for a couple of years until the RTX 2080ti's are being sold on the side for 500 haha. Thanks though, I feel more confident that it won't hurt it or blow up. I'm still curious to see more opinions on here.

P.S. Battlefield V I get 120+ 1080p with resolution at 120 to 130%. If i really had $1200, I would have went a different route or bought both the titans my buddy had

why would you want a founders edition only? theyre kinda meh. only nivida gpuboost and no auto board partner out of the box oc and better cooling?

a 1080 ti from asus would perform much better for the same price

cyrustheviruz1

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
i like the look of them, I've had MSI 1080 before I got my MSI RTX 2080s on my other pc, I've also owned a few gigabytes, back in the day had an Asus 8800 GTS, just my preference of style in the end, sorry im very ocd lol. Even those Asus ones were still pricer than what I got this for. I was in the market, put the word out and my buddy said hey i got titan x pascals i'm willing to drop for $500/ea. so i looked at my options and wallet and thought hey for the money i like it. But generally yes, I like the look of them and in my experience I've noticed very little difference in performance. I've decided im going to try gamers nexus youtube video solution with the evga liquid cooler. I'm even borrowing my neighbors dremel so i can cut a slot for the hoses and keep the same shroud on it. I'll still have the same look i like but at the same time I'll have low temps. win win!

Dear guy, you are one EPIC gamer.