Real Source Behind Apple UDID Leak Steps Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAC_HATER

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
gogo stock photos!

brb - im going to don a balaclava and power up some projectors to display 0's and 1's on the wall so i can take part in nefarious activity's on my laptop!

nickul

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
[citation][nom]bigbodzod[/nom]All hail the HypnoBlueToad.These are not the UDID's you're looking for.[/citation]
=)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) SO DUCKING AWESOME MAN!... :))))))))))))))))

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
It's not that I think all Apple users deserve to get hacked, but in general Apple users deserve to get hacked. Every Apple owner that has ever agreed with or said "I use an Apple, they can't get hacked" deserves this. The only computer that cannot be hacked is one that's disconnected from the internet, powered off, broken with a hammer and locked in a safe.

As for all the conspiracy theory people in the room, put your tinfoil hats back on. If I were the FBI and I were storing user data, it would be from whatever application replaced CarrierIQ, and no that application is not iTunes...

hawkwindeb

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
[citation]AntiSec Reveals FBI Laptop Containing 12 Million Apple UDIDs
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/FBI-UDID-iOS-AntiSec-Imperva,17360.html

[nom]hawkwindeb[/nom]It was stated in the article about the FBI agent: "He’s a known recruiter in the FBI focused on getting white hack hackers to work for the feds," ...So maybe, if the article is about real a FBI agent, and the data is really as it is stated, again - maybe the data was stolen by some hacker that is of interest to the FBI either to be recruited or prosecuted. It may be part of the hacker's portfolio to show off what that hacker can do. Yes a lot of maybe's and if's. just saying....[/citation]

From the original article, seems like I might have been very close…

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"the company's forensic analysis showed"

Don't need much forensic skills.
It's a common practice to seed databases with fake data sets so that
you can pinpoint the server and date when the data base stolen.

We do it for all our clients automatically.

teodoreh

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
When the USSR missiles shot down the U2, US Goverment painted their U2s with NASA's colors and reported that they had oyigen problems that may caused the U2 "NASA" pilot to loose his way to Russian territory. Of course the Russians didn't tell that they actually had obtained both the pilot alive and the U2 camera film of Russian silos.

So I wouldn't get suprised at all if this is just a cover up story. After all, Apple is worst than the goverment...

Status
Not open for further replies.