Really poor performance on a good pc

HoodedStriker

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015
So for about 3 months now my computer has been running really poorly. I usually get unplayable fps in games and short freezes even when watching youtube. The funny thing though is sometimes (usually after the computer has been running for a while) it works completely fine and I am even able to play games like far cry 5 on ultra settings in over 60 fps. Seems like the longer it runs the better it performs. But I can't keep my pc running all the time. Thats why I am here asking for help. I did some benchmarks at userbenchmark.com and these are results:

UserBenchmarks: Game 22%, Desk 27%, Work 16%
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K - 27.1%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 - 30.1%
SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB - 204.1%
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB - 80.7%
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 C9 2x4GB - 20.3%
MBD: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5

Now these are the results when the pc was running poorly (right now). I once used the same program when the pc was running smooth and got above average results. My theory is that the issue is in the power supply. But maybe the fault is in something completely different. Idk. Oh and also the temperatures seem to be fine. I can test them again if necessary though.

HoodedStriker

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015

I have the seasonic s12g 650w power supply. Also ran a virus scan with malwarebytes. Seems to have increased the performance somewhat but the processor and ram for example are still performing way below average.

PuperHacker

Honorable

Any background tasks? Can you verify the issue with other benchmarks?