Realtek Audio Driver is mixing Input + Output

krazerrr

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
I built my computer almost a year ago, and I've always had issues with the microphone and using voice chat, but I never noticed the real problem until now. The audio input and output is mixing. I plug in my headset through the front panel usually, but I just bought an extension cord to keep the output far away from the input (plugged directly into my speakers). Has anyone else had issues like this with an ASUS motherboard?

Update:
Other can hear my system's audio output. So if I'm listening to music while talking to my friends, they can hear my music. If i'm talking while they're talking, they can hear themselves, which causes an echo effect. It's frustrating because on mumble, I use voice activity instead of push to talk, and I really don't like push to talk.

And yes, the microphone is muted under Playback -> Speakers -> Levels. I've also turned off playback for the microphone in the Microphone settings.

Specs:
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V (LGA1155)
2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Realtek High Definition Audio

Solution
Please ensure you have your mix sensitivity set up right.

Also ensure under recording, you have mic set with noise supression and echo cancellation(the option is also in the realtek manager.). Restart any program using the mic after making this setting change

If you think it is a hardware issue, please try with your system with the speakers off to ensure it is not just the mic being able to hear the sound(I have heard many users in teamspeak/ventrillo with the mic set too high having this issue as well).
Please give more detail on this mixing?

You hear your self or do others hear your systems audio output.

Analog signals can have crosstalk for sure, but it should never be that bat.

Please ensure your mic is muted under Playback -> Speakers -> Levels(may be listed as "pink" in), but not Recording in the windows Sound settings.

Please ensure you have your mix sensitivity set up right.

Also ensure under recording, you have mic set with noise supression and echo cancellation(the option is also in the realtek manager.). Restart any program using the mic after making this setting change

If you think it is a hardware issue, please try with your system with the speakers off to ensure it is not just the mic being able to hear the sound(I have heard many users in teamspeak/ventrillo with the mic set too high having this issue as well).

Solution